Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Since we're throwing out sad but hopeful songs...

Within Temptation - Our Farewell

I've listened to this song a lot each time someone I know passed away. Sometimes it makes me cry, sometimes it brings me hope.

I was in chat the other night, and I mentioned a thought that went through my mind (apologies if someone mentioned it earlier, I've not had a chance to read every page)

In a strange way, I find it comforting that Plaidman's brought everyone together. It's as though it's his legacy, and for that I'm grateful. Time and again I've learned what a wonderful, caring community this is, and I'm so sorry - so sick and sad - that we've lost one.

I would like to also toss myself out there as available as an internet shoulder to cry on. I do work full time, but I'm always available via PM, and I do have unlimited everything. Send me a PM if you wish for contact information. I may not be able to solve problems, or save the world, but I can listen.

Comment

• Quoth lupo pazzesco View Post
      In a strange way, I find it comforting that Plaidman's brought everyone together. It's as though it's his legacy, and for that I'm grateful. Time and again I've learned what a wonderful, caring community this is, and I'm so sorry - so sick and sad - that we've lost one.

I am still quite shocked. I've lost 6 close people to suicide, and, well, it just sucks. But losing Plaidman, wow, I don't know how to explain how it feels. I didn't know him, but I read all his posts, and felt closer to him, and was always rooting for him, I felt like I knew him. He would have been a great friend IRL I think.

Add me to the list of those that really care, and freely offer up my ear...message me, find me on facebook, texts, whatever. Even if it's just to say something random, and thats it...I am here. This place is my home, and you guys are all my family, so let's stick together.
      Cruise Ship Brilliance: "Do the elevators go to the front of the ship?"

Comment

• I'm sorry to hear of his passing. I know he was a asset to this community and will be greatly missed.
        Is it really SO hard to listen to the prompts?

Comment

• I've felt some regret because he offered his contact info for me a couple of times (although I've long since deleted the messages and can't remember what they were regarding, though I'm sure he was just being his caring and helpful self), and one time he even offered to send me money to get medicine for my sick cat. I didn't take him up on it because I knew she was going to die, but just the thought that someone (and he actually wasn't the only one, but the first to) who doesn't know me in real life from Adam, would offer me money for my cat.

He was such a nice guy. I wish I had kept his contact info and texted him. At the time, I was just worried about giving my own info away to others.
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

• RIP Plaidman.

Comment

• RIP, Plaid. Though I didn't know him beyond forums here, I really thought highly of him and I wish I had taken the time to say so. I've withdrawn quite a bit from my contacts with other people in the last year, while dealing with my own trials, tribulations, and inner turmoil.

I spent more than half my lifetime deeply depressed and suicidal. It was only a few years ago that I found a way to crawl up out of that deep dark pit. If I only I had known him better, maybe I could have helped him, by relating some of my own experiences. Unfortunately, I can't change the past.

For everyone else, if you ever feel so bad that you can't go on, please feel free to contact me. I've been there, done that, and while I don't have the t-shirt I damned well have the scars.

For what it's worth, I looked up his FB profile and sent this message to his family. The family of a man I never met, but I will certainly miss him.

To Driver's family: Until today, I only knew Driver as Plaidman from the website customerssuck.com. Though I knew him only in passing from posts in an online forum, I had a high opinion of him and I'm saddened by his passing. My most heartfelt condolences to you and all those who knew Driver better than I. Please know that he touched many lives with his words of humor and kindness. The world was truly a brighter place with him in it, even if he couldn't always see that. May he rest in peace.

Comment

• I just sent out a card c/o the funeral home mentioned earlier. I hope it gets to his family. Plaidman will be missed.
                Where was Clarence the Angel when we needed him?
                Last edited by taxguykarl; 07-02-2011, 04:03 AM.
                I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

• I really hope that someone close to the family prints this thread off for his mother. I know that some things have been posted on his facebook page as well as here, but I would hope that she could see this and know just how much we all loved her son. Rest Well.

Comment

• Here is a beautiful song that many of those I know in the bereaved parent community take to heart:

To Where You Are ~ Josh Groban
                    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uIQp9Dqcrw)

Who can say for certain
                    Maybe you're still here
                    I feel you all around me
                    Your memories so clear

Deep in the stillness
                    I can hear you speak
                    You're still an inspiration
                    Can it be
                    That you are mine
                    Forever love
                    And you are watching over me from up above

Fly me up to where you are
                    Beyond the distant star
                    I wish upon tonight
                    To see you smile
                    If only for awhile to know you're there
                    A breath away's not far
                    To where you are

Are you gently sleeping
                    Here inside my dream
                    And isn't faith believing
                    All power cant be seen

As my heart holds you
                    Just one beat away
                    I cherish all you gave me everyday
                    Cause you are mine
                    Forever love
                    Watching me from up above

And I believe
                    That angels breathe
                    And that love will live on and never leave

Fly me up
                    To where you are
                    Beyond the distant star
                    I wish upon tonight
                    To see you smile
                    If only for awhile
                    To know you're there
                    A breath away's not far
                    To where you are

I know you're there
                    A breath away's not far
                    To where you are

I also would like to extend my friendship and support to anyone who needs it. I have relatively severe depression and anxiety and though I have never made any attempts I have certainly had suicidal ideations. I am on Facebook and will be happy to share my page there with anyone who wants to be my friend, and of course you can feel free to befriend me on CS as well. I don't have unlimited texting, unfortunately But nobody here ever has to feel alone...

I am almost as far away from Portland as you can get and still be in the US, so I won't be able to attend the memorial service, but I will be thinking of Plaidman and his family while I'm at work tomorrow. I would also like to share the following site in hopes that it helps the family as it has helped me...The Compassionate Friends
                    "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

• Quoth Shpepper View Post
                      I really hope that someone close to the family prints this thread off for his mother. I know that some things have been posted on his facebook page as well as here, but I would hope that she could see this and know just how much we all loved her son. Rest Well.
                      Great idea, I just posted it on his FB wall. Hopefully someone who is going to the memorial will see it and print it out. It will show this community's support and give us a chance to be there when we physically can't.

Maybe even read some of the posts in this thread at the memorial.

Driver's memorial will be tomorrow at 1pm at Mt. Scott Funeral Home (4205 SE 59th, corner of SE 59th & Foster). We encourage everyone to come and share a special memory of Driver. Thank you.
                      Maybe someone here can call into the funeral home and have them put you on speaker so you can read from the community? Phone # 503-771-1171

Here is their site:

http://www.mtscottfuneralhome.com/
                      Last edited by draggar; 07-02-2011, 12:17 PM.
                      Quote Dalesys:
                      ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

• I've led his mother to this thread so I'm hoping she can find a way to print it out for herself if nothing else. I wanted her to know the level of love and support he was getting from here.

I'm sure anyone posting on Driver's wall ...if they want to contact her can say something. She seems to be able to post on his account.
                        https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                        Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

• Quoth Magpie View Post
                          ...in addition to calling suicide prevention lines if you are feeling like it might be an option for you, they are apparently willing to help if you call because you don't know how to help a friend.
                          This is true, and a service I once availed myself of when a friend was suicidal and I had no idea how to deal with it. They were very nice, attentive, and helpful. If you have a friend that you know (or even may think) is suicidal, and are unsure what to do, by all means, call one of these suicide prevention hotlines. They are there to help, not just the people who are thinking of checking out, but their friends as well. In short, they rock.

Quoth Eireann View Post
                          Jester told me, bluntly, that he would never speak to me again if I killed myself.
                          And I meant it. And I still do. And that doesn't just apply to Eireann, but to all of you. To you. To you. To you. To you. And you. And especially you. And you there in the back, don't think I'm leaving you out. I will absolutely smack the shit out of you and never talk to you again if you kill yourself. Am I understood? Good. Now we can move along. (And oh yes...you there....I'm talking to YOU as well. Don't think I can see you. You know I can.)

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                          Still A Customer."

Comment

• Quoth draggar View Post
                            Great idea, I just posted it on his FB wall. Hopefully someone who is going to the memorial will see it and print it out. It will show this community's support and give us a chance to be there when we physically can't.

Maybe even read some of the posts in this thread at the memorial.
                            Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
                            I've led his mother to this thread so I'm hoping she can find a way to print it out for herself if nothing else. I wanted her to know the level of love and support he was getting from here.
                            Thank you both so much.

Comment

• How shocking and sad to learn of this.

Plaid, I'm sorry the pain was too intense for you to be able to remain in this life. If there is an afterlife, with a a good place and a bad place, I know that you are now in the good place, leading the pack.

To Driver's family and real life friends, my deepest condolences.

Thanks to the Mod Team for sending the flowers in CS's name.

Mike
                              Meow.........

Comment

• OMG, how the hell did I miss this?

You were such a joker, Plaid....I just wish you knew you were a sad clown.

I now know of two people that have committed suicide, the first being my grandfather. I swear I NEVER understand why people do this. There's always another way.

for some reason this song is making me think of you:
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2kxlZDOHeQ

I'm so shaken.

Comment

Working...
                                X