• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Plaid, and everyone here

Bridge over Troubled Water - Simon & Garfunkel
    The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

• Quoth iradney View Post
      Thank you, Rads. This is a beautiful song and very appropriate.

Did anyone do anything special at 1pm PST today? I was working, but I turned my work/desk phone off and lit a candle and said several prayers for him.

Figured it might be nice for us to share what we did, if anyone feels like it.
      Last edited by Peppergirl; 07-02-2011, 10:38 PM.
      "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

• May You Rest In Peace, Plaidman
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

• At 1pm PST, I was listening and helping with the blocking of this. It was so appropriate.

A Little Fall of Rain fro Les Miserables

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loNQBXZalcA

Comment

• Oh, I'm so sorry. He will be missed.
            Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

• I'm so sad to hear this. I didn't know Plaidman all that well, but his posts always made me smile. He will be sorely missed on here. At least we know what happened to him - he didn't just disappear forever.

Comment

• At 1pm I was in the car on my way to get my oil changed, but I was thinking of him.
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

• Ironically, it was around 1:00 pm that I visited CS for the first time in probably at least two weeks, and found out the sad news about our friend.

Mike
                  Meow.........

Comment

• Cuddling my eldest daughter and listening to her sleepy noises, she came into our bed because she had had a nightmare. Rest in peace Plaidman, I wish you were still here. I wish you knew how much everyone loved and appreciated you.
                    Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

• I went to the memorial. There had to have been at least 100 people there. There were photos of him on three signs, a slide show, speeches, songs...it was lovely.
                      Last edited by XCashier; 07-03-2011, 12:43 AM.
                      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                      My LiveJournal
                      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

• McG sent me a text of the little memorial she has at her place for him right now. I was outside when she sent it to me.
                        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

• 1 p.m. on PDT is 4 EDT (my time.) I was leaving Ollie's with Mom (we'd been out shopping trying to find me new khakis for work today) when I noticed the time on my phone.

I'm glad to hear the memorial service was nice . . . but I still wish Plaid were here with us.
                          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

• Plaid....Ever since I heard you were gone I've tried so many times to write something but couldn't see the screen through my tears to do so...every time I think of you I start crying...I'm sad because you left us without knowing how truly loved you are...but I have to believe that you are at peace now, happy, and feeling our love for you...RIP my friend
                            If you don't like my attitude, talk to the manager!!! Oh, wait, that would be me!!

Yes, I'm the manager. I'm also known as "the brick wall".

Comment

• I was cuddling my toddler.
                              My sanity has been dripping out of me my whole life, today they turned on the faucet.....

Comment

• Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                                I still wish Plaid were here with us.
                                Me too. This song (I Never Dream You'd Leave In Summer by Stevie Wonder) is sad yet beautiful. This one's for you,Plaidman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxPtkwhsaOI
                                Last edited by tropicsgoddess; 07-03-2011, 01:14 AM.
                                I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                                Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                                Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Working...
                                X