Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St John the Evangelist parish in Chelmsford, MA will be praying for Plaidman at all Masses next weekend (July 11-12).
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

• Well, I took about 5 minutes of silence yesterday at the beginning of the memorial, work emails be damned. They can wait that long. I just realized I calculated the time zones wrong, though, as if I don't work with people in PST every day. I was way off. The thought was there, though. Maybe Plaid would have gotten a laugh out of my dingbat moment.
      The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

Comment

• When I got on here a few hours ago, I first saw the thread in off topic and I did a doubletake thinking 'This can't be real.' I really wished it wasn't real I had to get offline to shed a few tears.

I've liked reading his posts and right now I regret not sending him a message hello being the not so talkative person that I am. I felt like I missed out on a great friendship.

Dammit why do the good die young!

RIP Plaid, I'm going to miss you

Comment

• Incognito, you're not the only one who had to think really hard about the time difference. I live in Eastern, where it was 4 p.m., when Plaidman's memorial started. I was one hour into my shift at work, then. Last night after work, I kept trying to calculate it backward in my work exhausted mind, which would have worked out to 10 a.m., my time. I was just getting up for my morning coffee ritual at that point in the day.

I didn't know Plaidman beyond CS and Fratching, but I thought about him just the same. I've not talked about any of this at work, but my coworker who worked with me last night could tell I was thinking about something. She kept clowning around and goofing off between customers to make the time pass and give us both some good laughs. I did join in with my usual brand of sarcastic remarks and goofy stories about how I would change things if I ruled the world.

Even though I didn't know Plaidman outside of the boards, he's made me think in the last few days. I've never been officially diagnosed with depression and anxiety, but it does seem to run in the family. I made an appointment a few weeks ago to seek counseling because of some issues I've been dealing with. I've been visiting the doctor frequently to address some other minor health issues also. It just feels like these problems are starting to mount to a point that they get in the way of me moving forward with life because I go into auto pilot mode just to make it through the day.

I've never considered putting an end to it all as a solution, but I've often wondered what is the purpose of this life I'm living. I've even thought a few times that I wish I'd never existed, and that my family and friends would probably be better off without me. Again I never considered putting an end to it by my own means, I've just wished at times that it would come to an end so I could fade away or move on elsewhere. Ultimately, I just want to feel like I'm back on track to where I want to go in life. So, Plaidman did affect me even though I didn't know him well.

With all this in mind, if anyone else out there needs a sympathetic ear, feel free to send me a PM. I can be delayed in responding sometimes when life gets busy, but I do respond as soon as I can. I am a good listener. Sometimes all a person needs is to feel like someone is actually listening and paying attention, and I can offer that much.
          The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

• I was online when I realized that his service had started. I said aloud, "It's started. It's going on right now."

I also looked at a few webcams in Portland, just to see what the weather was like. It was unexpectedly gorgeous. I'm glad XCashier was able to make it, and that so many people turned out. I wish he had known how it would be.

I, too, wish that he had had a Clarence the Angel coming to rescue him. "Strange, isn't it? Each man's life touches so many other lives, and when he's not around, he leaves an awfully big hole, doesn't he?"

Comment

• Went to 7:30 AM mass this morning. Afterwards, I lit a candle at the foot of the Virgin Mary/Baby Jesus statue. Will be lighting another one next week. RIP Plaid.

Comment

• Just noticed this thread today. I didn't really know Plaidman, but whenever I saw his name on a post, I always looked forward to reading it. He seemed like a really great person. I wish I had known him better. RIP, hope you're in a better, pain-free place now.
                Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

• I don't really post much here. Mostly a lurker. Plaidman was one of the first people to welcome me here when I made a few posts. I am so sorry for everyone's loss. He will be missed by many. And the outpouring of love seen by the posters here is pretty amazing. My Brother recently took his own life.. It is not easy to go through. You can add me to the list of people to talk to if need be. I may not post much but will check PM's. Hugs to all.

Comment

• I too didn't know Plaid very well - but I enjoyed his posts. I found out today at work and had to take a few minutes to collect myself. I then dedicated the rest of my work day as a keeper of the retail faith to him. (And changed to a more appropriate avatar.) Clear skies, Plaidman.

Comment

• I don't post here much, but am a daily lurker. I was shocked when I heard the news. I am keeping his family in my prayers. R.I.P. Plaidman.
                      "Oh, very good....Yes, it is easy to see that nearly six years of magical education have not been wasted on you, Potter. 'Ghosts are transparent.'" Severus Snape

Comment

• Here is a recent post by Plaid's mom on his FB page, with a special shout out to our community:

Driver's memorial was quite beautiful with heartfelt tributes and an amazing amount of love. To the CSers-I'm sorry I couldn't figure out how to print his pages until too late for the memorial. I'm overwhelmed by the family you have created there. It's very beautiful. His sister will plant the beautiful flowers at her new home. Thank you, Everyone for everything. Driver's Mom
                        "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

• That was lovely of Plaid's mom to say . . . I wish we could get on a bus and go in person but that may be a bit overwhelming for the poor lady.
                          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

• Quoth iradney View Post
                            That is one of my favorites also...usually makes me cry.

I was at work at 1 PM PDT on Saturday (4 PM here) and it was quite busy but I did think about Plaidman here and there. I'm glad his service was so well attended though I'm terribly sorry for the necessity of such a gathering.
                            "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

• Quoth Peppergirl View Post
                              Here is a recent post by Plaid's mom on his FB page, with a special shout out to our community:

Driver's memorial was quite beautiful with heartfelt tributes and an amazing amount of love. To the CSers-I'm sorry I couldn't figure out how to print his pages until too late for the memorial. I'm overwhelmed by the family you have created there. It's very beautiful. His sister will plant the beautiful flowers at her new home. Thank you, Everyone for everything. Driver's Mom
                              Awww that got me a bit teary
                              The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

• I have been offline for a while and only saw this today.

RIP Plaidman - I never knew you outside this site, but I always loved reading your posts and comments.

You will be missed.
                                "When did you get a gold plated toilet?"
                                "We don't have a gold plated toilet"
                                "Oh dear, I think I just peed in your Tuba"

-Jasper Fforde

Comment

Working...
                                X