Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For various reasons I've not been able to post recently, however I was aware of this post.

Plaidman was a wonderful person, true he had his demons as we all do. He wanted nothing more in life to be loved for the man he was and to be pain free; I can only hope that he now has both of those.

He'll be sorely missed.
    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

• I'm not the most active individual of this site, nor did i know Plaidman, i've not really gotten to know anyone here.

But a loss is always sad, and he seems to have really been loved on this site, makes me wish he could have seen just how loved he was.

May he rest in peace.
      Rawr

Comment

• R.I.P. Plaidman

Comment

• Rest in peace, Plaidman. You deserved better than what you got out of life.
          Steven Slater ROCKS! So does James Jones!

The world is an asshole contest...and EVERYONE'S A WINNER!

Comment

• I've been thinking about this news most of the day. I didn't know Plaidman beyond this forum, but I enjoyed his stories and comments. When I moved closer to his neck of the woods, I thought about trying to figure out which Pantry he worked at, but I never had the chance.

My condolences to his family and those who were closer to him than I was. I believe that a man of his character, in spite of any flaws he may have had, will be well received in the next state of existence.

I'm going to go reread some of his posts as my meager effort at a tribute.
            I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
            - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
            - IPF

Comment

• The fucked part is he's EVERYWHERE. Anytime I click on a profile accidently or otherwise, he's posted a comment... Or i was bored and creeping old threads of mine and he was one of the first to welcome me back....

So fucking weird having you gone bud. You cared so much about everyone, it's a damn fucking shame you didn't realize the same from us.

Comment

• Only an occasional visitor here - but am deeply sorry for the loss of Plaidman. I'm sure he knows just how much he is missed.

Comment

• I'm a lurker of CS, haven't posted any sucky customers for months. As such, I've never directly talked to Plaidman. And I've been so busy in life that I haven't been online much in the last few weeks, which is why I'm finding out so late about this. But I hope Plaid somehow knows that even people he's never spoken to are bawling their eyes out for him. I greatly enjoyed reading his posts, always clicked when I saw a thread from him. He always had something interesting to talk about. Now I wish I'd commented at all. I WILL MISS YOU PLAIDMAN!

Comment

• I know I'm coming in really late here, and initially I wasn't going to post because of that, but I just couldn't not post. Plaid was one of the first people to comfort and advise me when I was coming out. I never spoke to him, not really, but he still took the time to try and make things a little bit more okay for me, and he never wanted anything in return. I've never been a huge poster, andit's been years since I worked with customers, but I knew Plaid. How could I not? He was everywhere, trying to be there for everyone and be friends with everyone, because he had so much compassion and so much love to give. He was funny and kind and so, so generous with his love. That he never met his soulmate is a tragedy, and that the pain he was in was inflicted upon someone so good is worse.*

I found this two days ago and I've just been reeling since. I've read every comment in this thread, i think, and it has moved me to tears. The amount of love, of shock, that met this news... it's heartwarming and heart breaking at the same time. Heartwarming because of the love people have for him and for everyone else here, becsuse if the genuine sense of family that makes me wish I were more active on the board, because of the generosity that people are showing with donations and time... and heart breaking because he didn't see it. As someone who spends far more time than her circumstances can justify thinking like he did, I can only say that where ever he is right now, if he can see this, he must feel so loved.*

Rest in Peace, Plaid. I wish I'd taken the time to know you.
                    I'm busy, you're an idiot, have a nice day

At least I shall die as I have lived; completely surrounded by morons.

Comment

• I've been a lurker since the Mr. Slugger days, and while I saw this the other day and wanted to post something, I had no idea what to say. I didn't know Plaid like you guys did, and although I read tons of his stories on here (and enjoyed them), and I think I even remember when he first started posting, I only interacted with him maybe once. Now after reading these comments as well as his posts, I wish I had gotten to know him.

You know what they say, hindsight is 20/20...

After reading the posts in this thread, I went back and was reading some of his old posts. When I saw his latest avatar, that just about undid me right there. Poor guy. It's a shame his depression was so bad that he felt he had no choice but to do what he did, and if my own spiritual beliefs have any merit, I'm sure a number of entities from the other side came to take him home.
                      You're focusing on the problem. If you focus on the problem, you can't see the solution. Never focus on the problem! --From Patch Adams

Comment

• I just found this. I enjoyed Plaids posts. I had no idea he was an oregonian also. I'm just down in salem. My GF of 12 years has NF1.

I've been near the point Plaidman was, but I got past it safely. I'm sorry he didn't. This is so hard to type because I'm crying and not sure why this is affecting me so much. I was only acquainted with him on here.

Plaid, I hope they were wrong in Beetlejuice. RIP.
                        GFY

Comment

• I am so late with this... I wish I had found out so much earlier. I know nobody really knows me on here, but I've been on this site ten times a day since before I even joined. I looked forward to his posts and I was wondering where he had gone... I wish I'd known him better.

RIP...

Comment

• Thanks for keeping this thread open...I haven't been to CS in a while though I lurk. Plaid was that guy I could always count on to post something really nice and comforting. I don't know if we ever directly talked to each other, but still...

Very sad to hear of his passing. RIP.

Comment

• Just saw this on Fratching, couldn't believe I missed it the last time I was on both there and here on the July 29 (I don't go often on the sites to often), a day after it was posted. I am very sad (I'm trying not to cry) to hear about it and shocked as well. It sounds everyone here misses him very much.
                              Yours truly, Robyn unless your an SC
                              My space
                              Facebook

Comment

• I just logged in for the first time in a few years, and this is the first thing I see ...

The only thing I can say is that I hope now he's foudn the peace he never could in life

Comment

Working...
                                X