Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally home from work and able to post more fully. Reading everyone else's posts, both here and on Facebook, keeps making me cry, but that's ok: it's appropriate. I can't help but think of the times he made me smile when I was feeling low and I'm sorry that I couldn't make him feel better. I have no idea how to process all of this, but I also know that time can bring healing. More than anything, I hope that Plaid is not in pain anymore, and happy. I will miss him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eS23Eauc7HA
    "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

Bunny told me this morning...I still have no words

I mean no disrespect by this, but I've been listening to Streetlight Manifesto all day, this line has brought me some comfort.

"When as you close your eyes for the big sleep I hope you think of me."

RIP Plaidman. I'll raise a glass in memory
      "Ride the spiral to the end, it may just go where no one's been. Spiral out, keep going..." -Lateralus

Comment

I hope you found the peace, love and acceptance that you craved. RIP Plaidman

Comment

You sent me a text Sunday afternoon asking how my "stormy nap" was. I wish I wasn't so wrapped up in my friend's bbq and my own petty crap to send you one quick response...I'm so sorry.
          My love to your family. You already know I love you, and always will.

Comment

RIP Plaid, I didn't really know you and we never really chatted, but you were one of the posters whose posts I would always click on as soon as I seen your name. Hope you find peace xoxox

Comment

I remember Plaidman from years ago, but have gone a-lurk since.

RIP.

He will be missed.
              Sometimes, it just doesn't pay to get out of the blanket nest.

Comment

Holy...something. Plaidy, I'm sorry to see you go. I remember your posts, insightful, compassionate, human.

I've been at that edge before, and can totally relate. Plaidy, you will be missed, so so much. Rest in peace, dear.
                In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
                She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

I have no words to say. Plaidman, rest in peace, love. I wish I could've known you in real life.
                  Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Since the announcement came from a new member who was still under moderation, I was probably the first person to see it. The first thing I did was report to the rest of the team, wondering aloud if it was for real, and asking if anyone else knew anything. We held off approving it until we could verify that it was for real, and not someone's idea of a sick prank. Sadly, it was for real.

I saw it right after it was posted, around 10:00 EDT last night. Ironically, I saw it because I saw the name of the "newest member", and suspected it was a spammer. As much as I hate spammers, I wish it had been one instead of this. After I sent out the report, I checked Plaid's profile. He had been on CS around 7:00 that morning, and on Fratching about three hours later, so whatever happened must have happened sometime after that.

As I posted on his Facebook page, I wish that when he was still with us, he could have seen into the future somehow and seen the outpouring of emotion from our members. Like all of us, he just wanted to be loved, and I don't think he realized just how much he was loved.

One thing I like about our little dysfunctional family is that we support each other. I know many of us, regular members and mods alike, were there to pick him up when he was feeling down, and to have a friendly chat with him when he wasn't. Raps even went as far as to create a private forum just for him, so he could vent to the mod team whenever he felt uncomfortable sharing something with the public.

Rest in peace, my friend. I hope you find the joy in your next life that you weren't able to find in this one.
                    Sometimes life is altered.
                    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                    Uneasy with confrontation.
                    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

• RIP Plaidman, you will be missed among the greater community of us. I hope wherever you are now, you are free of the pain that so often plagued you.

Comment

• Plaidman,
                        I didn't know you but I hope you are at peace now.
                        Dragon_Wings
                        Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                        Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

• Wow I just wish he could see this outpouring of love it's amazing to see and watch grow. Eventually I really think this thread needs to be printed out and sent to his family. I think they would like it.

Love ya man.....
                          https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                          Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

• Recent FB update from his family:

Thank you everyone for your continued support and kind words. We are deeply moved by the outpouring. Please join us for a memorial for Driver on Saturday, July 2 at 1pm at Mt. Scott Funeral Home. 4205 SE 59th, at the corner of 59th & SE Foster, Portland, Oregon. Everyone is welcome.
                            "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

• Quoth Peppergirl View Post
                              Recent FB update from his family:

Thank you everyone for your continued support and kind words. We are deeply moved by the outpouring. Please join us for a memorial for Driver on Saturday, July 2 at 1pm at Mt. Scott Funeral Home. 4205 SE 59th, at the corner of 59th & SE Foster, Portland, Oregon. Everyone is welcome.
                              If I can find a sitter, I will be there...
                              hea·then [hee-thuhn] noun
                              1. an unconverted individual that does not acknowledge the God of the Bible.
                              2. an irreligious, uncultured, or uncivilized person.
                              3. the children of NotSoInnocent.

Comment

• I wish I could go, oh how I wish I could go. Fair winds traveler, and clear skies.
                                Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Working...
                                X