Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations, and I'm just fine with you posting it publicly here.
    "Who loves not women, wine, and song remains a fool his whole life long" ~Martin Luther
    "Always send a lazy man to the angel of death" ~Martin Luther
    My MySpace
    My LiveJournal

Comment

Fine with it being posted here. I've never had many secrets or anything
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Awesome.

I'll just point out that I didn't use everyone I interviewed in my paper, turns out 10,000 words is nowhere enough space to write about 36 people, so I had to prioritise!

If I don't hear any complaints by Friday (official hand-in date) I'll post a link in the thread and will let a couple trustworthy people have a look at it.

Comment

If you're a geek for that, d_w, then I am too Thanks Xarlaxas! And yes, do get some rest and do some FUN stuff for a while! BTW, just personally I don't think I would mind if you shared your paper with your family and friends. I didn't find anything personally identifiable about me, at least, so others may disagree...
          "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Cheers, sadly I'm back to class tomorrow, but I'll try and have a bit of fun!

Awesome, aye, for people who have worries: I made the names of the communities in the study as generic as possible, didn't actually discuss in any detail what you talk about, and used a random username generator for the people I quoted/referred to in the paper. I also didn't quote anything I observed so people don't have anything googleable to find this place, or the other community, and I checked that myself. I take the whole confidentiality thing rather seriously!

Comment

Awesome! I look forward to reading this thing once it's publishified ^_^
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                Awesome! I look forward to reading this thing once it's publishified ^_^
                What he said.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Congratulations, Xarlaxas! I have no qualms about the general public reading the paper as it sounds like you've done your best to preserve everyone's anonymity. I'm excited to read it!
                  "Redheads have at least a 95% chance of being gorgeous. They're also concentrated evil." - Irv

"This is all strange, uncharted territory and your hamster only has three legs." - Gravekeeper

Comment

Hey all, seeing as there have been no objections, I shall post ye olde link to the dissertation for perusal by the forum public here.

Hope you guys enjoy it and thanks again for your help.

Comment

• Looking forward to reading it and it's cool knowing I was part of it
                      https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                      Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

• I tried clicking the link and all I got was a blank black screen.

My fault?
                        Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

• Probably not. I got the same thing.
                          My Fanfic Page
                          My Fiction Page
                          My Social Group
                          My Pet Social Group
                          My You Tube Channel

Comment

• Works fine for me - it's a PDF, so you'll need either Adobe PDF reader or similar (I use Fox-it).

Rapscallion

Comment

• Aye, it's just a PDF, so Adobe/Foxit etc. should be able to read it, if you're still having trouble you can just right-click and save to your computer then try opening it.

Comment

• Quoth Xarlaxas View Post
                                Hey all, seeing as there have been no objections, I shall post ye olde link to the dissertation for perusal by the forum public here.

Hope you guys enjoy it and thanks again for your help.
                                Your study is very interesting, and I enjoyed reading it. Although I did not participate, I appreciate the precautions you took with protecting the respondents identities.
                                They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Working...
                                X