Clear All

• Love you too

Finishing up a reservation...

Me: "Is there anything else I may assist you with sir?"
    Guest: "No that is all."
    Me: "Well then thank you for calling. You have a wonderful day!"
    Guest: "Thanks. Love you, bye. I mean no. I mean...I'm sorry!"
    Me:
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

*giggles madly* I've heard my boyfriend do that a time or two on phone calls. He's always a bit flustered for a couple of minutes after he does.
    You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Hahahahaha! My husband did that the other day. In his defense though, he'd just been on the phone with his mom and hung up when a friend called. I thought I was going to die laughing.

Comment

I do this when I've already moved on mentally from the current call to something else I need to do. It is sooooo embarrassing.
        Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Thankfully, I've never said that to a person on the other end of a business conversation, though I have come close to saying it to friends when it would have been awkward to do so.
          At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

I've said business-type endings on casual calls, like "Thank you for calling" when talking to my parents. :\

Comment

Quoth emax4 View Post
              I've said business-type endings on casual calls, like "Thank you for calling" when talking to my parents. :\
              That's almost as bad as answering your home phone with your workplace's phone greeting!
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                That's almost as bad as answering your home phone with your workplace's phone greeting!
                Oh, I've done that a few times over the years! Thankfully not so much now that I'm in a firm large enough that I don't have to field outside calls directly. Gave my family a few laughs in the past, though!
                "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Wow, the first thing I flashed on when reading this was

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92I1eJgCHIM

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                    One of my co-irkers once answered our phone with the greeting for her part time job:
                    "Hello, North County Cable, this is ConfusedCW, how can I help you?"
                    then #slam# she hung up the phone and started laughing hysterically, begging someone else to answer the phone, when whomever it was called back. No one answered it because we were all laughing by that time...

I can't remember now if it was an internal or external phone line...
                    Smile, or I'll smack you silly!
                    At what age does a vampire become a crazy old bat? :[

Comment

Lol, this reminds me of one of my pet peeves at the convenience store. I'm used to responding, y'know clerk says "have a nice day!" and I respond with a "you too!" or some such. It irks me when they say something like 'have a nice day, come on back" or "see you next time!" because it doesn't really have a natural response, you have to think of what to say.

On that note, here's another one that ticks me off about drive through windows. I know that companies have scripts, things you're required to say, and so forth, but if you're going to go to the trouble of saying it, maybe you should actually look at the person you're speaking to?
                      If the service is to be so fast that they have to be looking at the screen, next order, bag, etc, while they're telling me to have a nice day, come back again, then maybe they should prune or just get rid of the scripted crap?

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                        Did that once, when I was working in a small wholesale company's office. I was part-time, so went home earlier than some others. One of my co-workers called me at home with a question.

He thought it was hilarious, and did tease me a bit about it for a while. I just found stuff to tease him about in return.
                        "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Years ago one of my co-workers got her greeting a little mixed up when answering a call:

Classified, this is Ellie, can you help me?

When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
                          X