This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But... It tastes like Strawberry

This was back when I worked at McDonalds (approx 15 years ago).

Breakfast had only been over for about 30mins-1hr, and this guy ordered a Strawberry Thickshake from a co-worker.

A couple of minutes later, he brings it back to me, and says his thickshake tastes like strawberry and wants to return it. (I checked and he had barely touched it)

I asked if he had been given the wrong flavour by the person who served him, and he said he had ordered a strawberry one, but it just tasted too much like strawberry for his liking.

I asked if it was too syrupy, and offered to give him another thickshake after checking the machine to make sure the person who had set the machine up that morning, had not got the wrong settings (ie – too much syrup going in).

He said that was not the issue – it was just that it tasted too much like strawberry! I then asked if he wanted me to make a thickshake with a bit of Sundae mix in it, so the flavour would not be as strong, but he declined, and walked away.

I have no idea what he expected his strawberry thickshake to taste like... Chicken or Pepperoni Pizza perhaps?!

That....is just stupid.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I just...what??
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Other complaints including:

"That comedy was slightly funnier than I wanted."

"This ice has made my drink cold." and,

"That hipster is too ironic."
        Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

I can sort of understand this. Lots of strawberry shakes taste more like Strawberry Quick than the red fruits that are in season during the summer. Maybe that's what he wanted, the fake stuff I mean?
          "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

"You're out of ice? You mean I have to drink my coffee hot?!?!!"
            "She didn't observe the cardinal rule: Don't F**K with people who handle your food"
            -Ryan Reynolds in 'Waiting'

Comment

Reminds me of the guy in Denny's, who wanted extra caramel sauce on some fancy pancakes they had at the time. He specified double the amount. I made it for him. He took one bite and sent it back because it was "Too caramel-y and sweet"

Comment

Did he think the sauce was just for decoration and the flavor was in the pancakes...?

I once witnessed someone at Mermaid Coffee send a Frappucino back because it was too cold.
                "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
                X