This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advertising money well-spent

Background: Canada is having a federal election on the 19th. Let's keep this thread on the topic of "what were they thinking" for the placement of advertisements.

A local free daily paper (published by the same company as the Toronto Star) had an ad from Elections Canada (government agency that oversees elections) telling people that if they couldn't make it to the polls on the 19th, they could vote at advance polls that would be open from the 9th to the 12th, or at any Elections Canada office up to the 13th. Slight problem - the ad appeared in TODAY'S edition of that paper. That's right - on the 14th, giving people instructions that would not be valid after the 13th.
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Wow, the Canadian government is just as efficient as our American one! ROFL

Comment

We got an ad from a local oil company, which I'm guessing everyone in our development got. As far as I know, none of the houses in our development use oil. It's all natural gas.

I hope they didn't piss away too much money on that one.
      Sometimes life is altered.
      Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
      Uneasy with confrontation.
      Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
        or at any Elections Canada office up to the 13th. Slight problem - the ad appeared in TODAY'S edition of that paper. That's right - on the 14th, giving people instructions that would not be valid after the 13th.
        Questions:

1. When was the ad supposed to run?
        2. Didn't anyone question the validity or prudence of running an ad after the early voting period had passed?

Seems like an oversight someone should have caught, in either case...
        Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
          Questions:

1. When was the ad supposed to run?
          2. Didn't anyone question the validity or prudence of running an ad after the early voting period had passed?

Seems like an oversight someone should have caught, in either case...
          *sing-songy voice* "Someone didn't proof-read, someone didn't proof-read!!"
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Vote-by-mail people don't favor the incumbents...

More likely, the CotSG members dick-toted that the ad could not be run more than "X<<7" days before the election, so the prior issue was too early.
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
            X