This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What time is it?

At the clinic I intern at (as a student physical therapist assistant), I arrived at a patient room the same time as occupational therapy (OT). This OT had just gotten back from a Caribbean vacation, but apparently left her brain behind. Because the following ensued.

Me: "Oh, is this a co-treat? That doesn't make sense."
    OT: "No it doesn't."
    Me: *double-checks schedule* "Yeah, I have him at 2pm."
    OT: "3:05."
    Me: "Um.....2?"
    OT: *hesitantly* "I have him at 3:05...." *looks at watch* *looks at wall clock*
    Me: "....are...are you okay?"
    OT: *throws up hands in the air* "Nevermind!"
    Me:

I have to wonder how off the rest of her schedule was that day that she made it to 2pm thinking it was actually 3...
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Probably completely effed up.

From your location tag, I assume you're in the Pacific time zone. My understanding is that the Caribbean is split between the Eastern and Atlantic time zones. If he had been in an Atlantic area of the Caribbean, and on returning adjusted his watch as if he'd been in an Eastern area (could have visited multiple regions - if first was Eastern, he'd have set his watch forward 3 hours on arrival, and might have forgotten he set it forward an additional hour on going to an Atlantic region), his watch would be an hour slow on return.

For example (let's assume the time is frozen at 2 PM Pacific) he flies to Jamaica at the beginning of his vacation. It's 5 PM there, so he sets his watch accordingly. His second stop is in the Dominican Republic, so he sets his watch to 6 PM. Having indulged in the local entertainment (assume rum - booze is legal), he forgets about the second change, so when he flies home he sets his watch back 3 hours (opposite of his outbound flight), leaving it set at 3 PM when he reports to work.
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

For some reason I was convinced today was Sunday (it's Saturday). My work schedule is the same both days (thank goodness) so I wasn't late but I have no idea how I lost an entire day. Sometimes that happens. Maybe she forgot to change her watch if there were different time zones involved?

PS: KittyKat, how is Pippin?
      "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Working...
      X