This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bye Irv

We just hired a couple new cashiers. Training is somewhat lacking, and one of them may be a bit daffy.

Me, answering that fucking carryout phone I always get shackled to WHY GOD WHY: Hello.
    New cashier: Yeah, I have a carryout. It's a dining set, the (name of dining set) set.
    Me: Okay, do you have the SKU?
    NC: Thanks, bye! *click* *dial tone*

I had to call the service desk to find out where new cashier was stationed so I could dial her extension and explain I need either the SKU or UPC of an item to find its backstock location.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

My guess is that she expected you to waste time (yours and the customer's) and energy to come up front and ask her in person. What a twit.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Or they assumed that everything is organized by set/item name, and the SKUs are just for the register's benefit...
      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

No, she expects that Irv "just knows"; what, like it's hard to remember the name of every individual piece on sale?
        This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
        I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

I'd have thought that it was organized by set name, probably.

...I mean, I know now, after having been a cashier for nearly three years (a long time ago), that that's not how these things work, but when I was new I might not have known.
          Last edited by RootedPhoenix; 04-17-2016, 03:16 PM.
          1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
          -----
          http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Working...
          X