This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My horrible day just got stupider

Ok I have had a really horrible day/night. My daughter called me at 2:30am last night to tell me that something was really really wrong with our dog. The dog is 16, we've had her 16 years, so I know this is not good. Long story short: she died As a result, I didn't get to bed until 5am, but still went to work.

I walk into work, trying to keep it together, and find that our cashier for the day (who has been a problem from day one) needs to leave because "my mom just called me to tell me my aunt died. I wasn't really close to her, but I need to go". Yeah whatever ... we work better when you're not here anyway.

Okay so mostly the rest of the day goes okay, I'm keeping busy and not thinking about my dog, but the sadness and tiredness is wearing on me. And then we get this gem:

Ok, so I didn't say anything when you pulled into the drive-thru of my pharmacy at one minute to close. I didn't say anything when you wanted to know if your doctor had called in your birth control prescription. I get it, you have a baby in a car seat with you, don't wanna do that again anytime soon

So I check, no, the doctor hasn't called it in. By this time, I'm beginning to tell that you're either inebriated or under the influence. Really??? Driving, at 10pm, with a baby in the car?????? You're lucky I couldn't see your license plate or I would have called the cops right then.

What's that? Oh you want to know what the birth control was that the doctor called in for you last time? Ummm, I can't seem to find that, so I call the pharmacist over. At this point, it's about 5 minutes after close. I do inform you that we are closed, so even if the pharmacist can find it, you can't come in to buy it. The pharmacist also can't find the information and asks more questions. What's that? The last time you got a birth control prescription was in 2012? <record scratch>

You, in your infinite wisdom, thought it was a good idea to:
    1. Get your baby in the car at 10pm and
    2. Drive while inebriated and
    3. Come to the pharmacy 1 minute until close and
    4. Insist that we tell you what birth control you were on FOUR YEARS ago

But wait kids, we're not done yet!!!

I'm rolling down the shade of the drive-thru since, you know, we're closed and we can't help her, and she bangs on the window!! I roll up the shade again and she wants to know "what is that birth control, you know, that you put under your tongue?" Oh deities ... I had a smart answer for that, but I abstained I told her there were several and she would have to talk to her doctor. After 17 minutes past close, she finally decides to drive on. I feel for that baby

So sorry about your doggie! {{hugs!}}

Ugh, Stupid Lady was STUPID. Should have told her the best birth control is to keep her legs closed until her doc calls in a new scrip.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
      So sorry about your doggie! {{hugs!}}

Ugh, Stupid Lady was STUPID. Should have told her the best birth control is to keep her legs closed until her doc calls in a new scrip.
      Thanks for the hugs. And yes, keep the damn legs closed !!!!!!!

Comment

Quoth Teefies2 View Post
        Thanks for the hugs. And yes, keep the damn legs closed !!!!!!!

Not only that, but she needs to learn to either swallow or spit.
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
          ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
            I was thinking along those lines when she asked about the birth control that goes under the tongue....

Comment

/hugs

Sorry about your dog. The loss of a pet HURTS!

Comment

Quoth Akasa View Post
                /hugs

Sorry about your dog. The loss of a pet HURTS!
                Thank you so much.

Comment

Working...
                X