This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clueless Voter

Earlier this week was the "Primary That Changed Everything" but who cares about that. I decided to do my civic duty and vote. The room was set up fairly simply.

The polling place was for two districts, let's say 1 and 2. There was a table at the very front with maps of the districts so if you weren't sure you could check there. Even though there wasn't anyone at the table there were still people around to ask.

Then there were two tables set up to check in. District 1 was to the left and District 2 to the right. I already knew I was in district 2 so I got in that line. As I'm waiting, this young gentleman comes in and gets in line for district 1.

But he didn't stay in line and kept walking around trying to figure out where he was supposed to go. He asked the woman in front of him then circled back to the front table. And just looking very confused.

But what really topped it off for me was at the very back of the room at a table I didn't notice earlier, maybe 20 feet from the front, was a woman yelling to ask if they guy needed any help. Probably like 3 or 4 times. Not sure how he didn't hear her.

Sorry that I don't have an ending to this story. By then it was my turn and I just wanted to finish up because I was really hungry. Hope the guy found his way and got to cast his vote.
    I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Quoth Trixie View Post
    Hope the guy found his way and got to cast his vote.
    If he did, good for him.

If he didn't, good for democracy

Comment

Wordgirl has got me lol
      Last edited by Crai; 05-12-2016, 06:41 PM.

Comment

That's one thing I like about Oregon - we vote through the mail. Although there was a bit of a dust-up in a county near here back in 2012 with a registrar only sending through votes from registered Republicans and destroying ones from everyone else because she didn't want President Obama re-elected. As I recall she was fired, and may have been arrested for tampering with mail.

Comment

What got me about the whole thing was that there weren't many people there to vote and plenty of people to help. There was one lady at the front actually running the voting scanner thing. She asked me as I came in about my district to point me in the right direction. Guess we should just be happy the young guy was even there to vote.
          I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

Working...
          X