Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So you didn't get your order, but you have the store-provided invoice...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So you didn't get your order, but you have the store-provided invoice...

I get back from lunch yesterday and A tells me that a customer called about an order from earlier that day that she didn't get (and A--who is also a facilitator--couldn't handle this why?) A told the customer that I was on lunch and to call back...of course, she didn't give me any information on the customer. It could have been any of 3 orders I had run out that morning, can't you at least give me a name so I can start researching things?.

So custy calls around 1:30. After a bit of cajoling I get her name...it was the order that I had taken out personally just before going on lunch. The order was small enough that I could consolidate it into one bag (which I had done, and told her I did this). Customer says that she didn't get "any of the order"...but she did get a bag with garlic and a potato. WTF...none of that day's completed orders contained garlic or potatoes and in any case I was the only one taking orders out and while it was busy, I know who got what. She then mentions that she had also placed an order on Tuesday (I was off that day). So I look up that order...bingo, that one had garlic and potatoes. I ask her if she looked through/brought in all of the bags from her car...while looking over her previous order, I realized that items from that order (three cases of soda and one bag, I couldn't see the label) were still in her trunk when I delivered this one. While she's reading off the things she didn't get, she mentions a sub for one item that was initially out of stock but I had later subbed after invoicing the order. In a case like that, the customer does not get notified that the item has been found or subbed; we let them know when loading the order and it is on the final hardcopy invoice we provide. So she must have the invoice which was in the bag.

Custy continues insisting that she didn't get her order (um, are you accusing me of something? I brought your order out and we did have a brief conversation), and states that she will be coming in later and could we repick her order and bring it out? No, we can't do that, she would need to come into the store with her order receipt/email.

I let R know what happened, and that SC says she will be coming in "later". R said that her would contact the DM about this; once an order is given to a customer and accepted, we can't refund without proof of something wrong (items left behind, poorly packed stuff etc). The entire order was delivered as intended; once items are inspected by me and in a customer's vehicle we're technically not responsible for anything that happens to it (left in the trunk in summer, bag falls under a seat, take a turn too fast and a jug of milk explodes, etc).

I meant to ask R what happened today, but things got way too busy. Hopefully he's in tomorrow.
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Either a con, or confused.
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

My vote now is for confused; R told me that she never showed up. It's possible that she did go and check her car (or I hope someone was able to check it for her) after getting off the phone with me. The thing with the invoice that she had to have gotten from the bag was strange though. Definitely a tad out of character for this customer though.
      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Is she elderly? She may be in the early stages of alzheimers or dementia.

Comment

Working...
        X