Brain GLITCH is more like it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brain GLITCH is more like it

So I punched in yesterday (Sunday) and did my four-hour shift.

Four hours later, I went to punch out ...
    ... and I could not, for the life of me, remember my employee number.

I ended up simply writing my "quit" time on the paper that we normally use to keep track of people going home early or staying late.

I was positive my employee number was written in a tiny notebook that I had taken home and left there.

It might have been ... but it's not in there now.

Embarrassing though it is, I'm going to have to call the store (probably the day before my next shift) and ask somebody to look up the damn thing for me.

And then add it to the memos on my cellphone.

AND put it somewhere else (my work locker, for example) just in case the phone goes *poof*.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

When you're young, you write your crib notes on your arms. Old, you tattoo on all your personal information!
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

When I used it every day, I had no trouble remembering all the different codes I needed at work - alarm, safe (which changed at least monthly), other alarm in case I was being coerced, site ID, various phone numbers... When I had more than a week off, I'd have to go back and check my notes every time. Forgetting it between the start and end of a shift? I salute you!
      This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
      I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
        When you're young, you write your crib notes on your arms. Old, you tattoo on all your personal information!
        I'm gonna pass on that. That's a great way to have irrelevant info left on your hide LONG after you want to look at it.

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
        When I used it every day, I had no trouble remembering all the different codes I needed at work - alarm, safe (which changed at least monthly), other alarm in case I was being coerced, site ID, various phone numbers... When I had more than a week off, I'd have to go back and check my notes every time. Forgetting it between the start and end of a shift? I salute you!
        Thank you ... I think ...

At least I won't have to further embarrass myself by having a supervisor look it up on my next shift. Last night I thought "Hmm ... I wonder if I can find it under my profile on [Company Website]."

Sure enough ... there it was.

It's now entered into my cellphone AND written down in the ragged little notebook that I plan to keep at work for however long I stay there.
        Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
        ~ Mr Hero

Comment

I had to put Password Lock on my phone (it's a password-storage app). Not for my passwords, mind you. For my kids' locker codes, for my parents' health card numbers, etc.
          GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Working...
          X