This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• twice in 5 minutes....

OK, this concerns me... two people in a ten minute period came up asking me if they were on time for the 6am shuttle... the problem... they came in at 10 til 5 and 5 til 5... they honestly thought it was almost 6am... what is going on?
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

they're stuck in a mutated version of daylight savings time a week early?

Or, they're just reeeeeeeeallly tired, and haven't had a morning pick-me-up yet...

Comment

They didn't re-set their watches to reflect the time to show correctly in the time zone they're in or they thought Daylight Savings Time started last weekend instead of this weekend.

Comment

It's a conspiracy. They are messing with your MIND!

Comment

Even if they thought Daylight Savings Time hadn't started yet, up where Smiley is, we go BACK an hour, so they'd be coming up at 10 to 4 and 5 to 4...
          Carpe Jugulum : Go for the throat.

Comment

Quoth Fenrus View Post
            Even if they thought Daylight Savings Time hadn't started yet, up where Smiley is, we go BACK an hour, so they'd be coming up at 10 to 4 and 5 to 4...
            crap, you just reminded me that I have a 9 hour shift on saturday because of that

(it is saturday that we change, right )

Comment

Yeah, it's saturday... and I laugh at your paultry 9 hour shift, and raise you my 11 hour shift because of it. :P
              Carpe Jugulum : Go for the throat.

Comment

Quoth Fenrus View Post
                Yeah, it's saturday... and I laugh at your paultry 9 hour shift, and raise you my 11 hour shift because of it. :P

I see you're both skilled professionals here.

I'll raise your 11 hour shift to 12.5 hours!!!!!! (that what I always work...)

Pah..!

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
                  I see you're both skilled professionals here.

I'll raise your 11 hour shift to 12.5 hours!!!!!! (that what I always work...)

Pah..!
                  and I'll first raise to 14 hours (how much I worked most days when I was doing 2 jobs)... then when you match that I'll raise to 18 hours (how much I worked once a week when I was doing 2 jobs)

Comment

Down with DST!!!
                    I feel crazy. Like I'm drunk and trapped in a water globe and someone won't stop shaking it.
                    -The Amazing E
                    Zonies social group now open!

Comment

Quoth wanderingjoe72 View Post
                      Down with DST!!!
                      Indeed. Let's just change the time by half an hour and be done with it.
                      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
                        and I'll first raise to 14 hours (how much I worked most days when I was doing 2 jobs)... then when you match that I'll raise to 18 hours (how much I worked once a week when I was doing 2 jobs)

Well played..I fold...

Most Ive worked in one day is about 17 hours, but thats not a usual thing (THANK GOD!)

Comment

Quoth idrinkarum View Post
                          They didn't re-set their watches to reflect the time to show correctly in the time zone they're in or they thought Daylight Savings Time started last weekend instead of this weekend.
                          Maybe they have a clock like mine. When it was new, it was set up to automatically switch for DST and whatnot. However, the powers that be decided to "fall back" a week later and "spring forward"...three weeks later?

My clock now changes itself on the old schedule and not the new.
                          Unseen but seeing
                          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                          3rd shift needs love, too
                          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                          X