X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oi vey

the rate call

Me: *speal*
    SC: Hi, I need a room for Tues Nov 18th for two adults.
    Me: Okay *looks it up*
    SC: I want to know the rate.
    Me: Did you have any discounts, like triple A?
    SC: No
    Me: Okay the rate will be 124+tax.
    SC: Oh...(asks person with them) What did you pay again? 99? Okay. (back to me) I had some friends there a couple days ago that paid 99?
    Me: (for frigs sake lady!) Well, we have weekend rates which are 99, and week day rates. Weekdays are our busy time, so the rates go up. (only during winter does this apply)
    SC: Oh. Oh your busier during the week???? really??? (not believing me)
    Me: *headdesk* Yes, we are.
    SC: Well, I'll be buggard. Okay well thank you.
    Me: You are welcome

the wonderer
    Me: (guest walks in) Hello!
    SC: Hi, I need a room for the night.
    Me: Okay...w...
    SC: My husband doesn't want me driving home this late.
    Me: (I don't care why you are here...why do people insist on telling me why they are staying at the hotel???) Alright, so you just need one bed?
    SC: Yeah, and I am just staying for one night!
    Me: Okay *guests wonders off into the lobby*
    SC: I am hungry...oh apples! *grabs apple*
    Me: (Don't go away when I have qustions for you!) *raises my voice in hopes to convince her to get back to the desk* ARE YOU A MEMBER?
    SC: No, I am not. *still at apples*
    Me: OKAY, CAN I GET YOUR ADDRESS???
    SC: *finally comes back* Yeah its....that's in Montana, it's spelled.... (I am aware! I lived only 10 miles away from there for 19 years, but I digress.)
    Me: Great, and a phone number? *Wonders off again looking around the breakfast bar area.* (Drat.)
    SC: Yes, it's.... *comes back and shoves a cookie in her mouth.* I would also like a lower room because I am soooo tired.
    Me: Alright... *hands me credit card, swipe.* First floor work?
    SC: Yeth, thats would be greath. *spitting cookie* *grabs a old USA today paper*
    Me: Did you prefer one or two keys?
    SC: One. *wondering back and forth away from the desk now looking around*
    Me: Alright, have you sign this paper that is printing...
    SC: Okay...*signs*
    Me: To get to this room, pull around to the building behind here. Take the center door inbetween the two buildings, take a left & your room is just down that hallway.
    SC: Okay....wonders off before I get to ask for if she needs a wakeup call or whatever and guests that just came in moves up to the desk.

the handicap dog

I had already guided this lady in. She thought we were some other hotel, and kept asking if we were over way away from where we have had been. She also couldn't get our exit number right. But, she did manage to get here. Her file said she had a dog, which we no longer allow, but the people ealier put her into a smoking room since those are pretty much destroyed already. We have no choice since we don't allow pets & people seem to keep trying to checkin with them anyway.

SC: HI! I am so glad you talked me into here. (continues with story about us being somewhere else but then has a new tid-bit) I have my dog with me & she's handicap. She has the bag and diaper on her bum.
    Me: (um wow) Ah....*checks her in*
    SC: Okay do you all have carts? I am so tired. The reason I left Helena so late is because I haven't been feeling well...
    Me: Yep, there are carts right at the entrance there.
    SC: oh good!!!! I am gonna unload and bring my handicap dog in so you can see her. (Do I want to see her???)
    Me: Hi honey (To dog that has been brought up for me to meet, I induldge owner.)
    SC: Yeah this is my dog, she is paralyzed. Since it's gonna not be too hot or too cold, she is going to stay in the car while I at training downtown.
    Me: Ah....

Dog has what appears to be an old piece of a curtain on it's butt, encompasing its legs. Apparently this dog broke it's back & is now paralyzed, but does not have wheels. That is love for a dog! I just didn't care for the details lol Now, don't get me wrong I love animals of all kinds but I am not all about the situation presented lol

And the night is just beginning...

rude rental car girl

Me: *greets incoming guest to checkin* You must be Judy. (my last arrival)
    SC: Yes...I have been lost for over an hour looking for the hotel.
    Me: Oh no. Well, gee, I sure wish you could have called me because I could have got ya here no problem.
    SC: Well, I think I just recieved bad directions. *start checking guest in as convo continues*
    Me: Oh really?
    SC: Yeah I was sent downtown and then from there I have no idea. I tried & tried to find *the interstate* and finally found it. I passed a business loop...???
    Me: Yeah the business loop is just like any other street. Who gave you the directions?
    SC: I asked a taxi driver, and told me your location was beside the Crown Plaza.
    Me: Oh, how strange. We have always only been here (no where near the Crown Plaza). He clearly had no idea what he was talking about.
    SC: Yeah & the girl at the rental car place, well I must have woke her up or something because she was very rude. They gave me this really small, cramped car. I have to drive 15 hours in that thing. I think I might go back & ask for a different one. Then she argued about wether my rate was cooperate or franchised.
    Me: Well, that is strange. I am sure sorry about all of that.
    SC: I need to know how to get back to the airport then.
    Me: No problem, we even have area maps if you need one.

Things proceeded to go badly from then on. Her toliet wouldn't flush & she kept forgetting things in her car. Poor lady.
    Last edited by thehippie777; 11-17-2008, 07:57 AM.
    When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Hippie, you sound like you had a fun night... I'd send you booze but I think I need them myself.
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Smiley - totally understandable, and I am able to purchase my own if I need lol Thanks for the kinda-offer though!
      When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Comment

Working...
      X