This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Order Canceled: Crisis of Faith

I joined just so I could share this little gem with you all. I work for a dotcom retailer. We are involved in the fashion industry with a side investment in some products aimed at Catholics.

With this in mind I introduce you to my favorite reason listed for a canceled order this month: Loss of Faith.

My customer ordered a rosary via our Amazon storefront. Within 24 hours she emailed us a request to cancel her order.

Following procedure, I requested to know the reason for the cancellation. I received three emails in short succession. The first would have been fine. We could have stopped there, with "Changed my mind," fine, finito, done. But no... She really needed to share with me the reasons for her canceling. The next email explained that she was experiencing some "doubts" about her faith. As I'm not paid to be a religious adviser I replied to her first email that "your order has been canceled, we hope you will consider us for future purposes, blah, blah, blah..." She then wrote me back with this gem: "I'm finding out that I'm not Catholic but another religion. I apologize for the inconvenience."

I can't decide which part tickles me more. Is it that she felt that she had to go through all this to get us to cancel her order? The idea that someone would suddenly realize they aren't Catholic in 24 hours? Or the apology for the 'inconvenience'? I think it's the last, she is so polite about losing her religion...!

All I could think of was REM when I read this.

So I wonder what happened to cause her to turn around so quickly. Maybe she was told that animals don't go to heaven.
    I feel crazy. Like I'm drunk and trapped in a water globe and someone won't stop shaking it.
    -The Amazing E
    Zonies social group now open!

Comment

I know! I was hard-pressed not to use REM as a reference; thought I'd try to stretch my myself and *avoid* quoting them. I did good, yes?

Comment

Did very good. (pets mouse)
        I feel crazy. Like I'm drunk and trapped in a water globe and someone won't stop shaking it.
        -The Amazing E
        Zonies social group now open!

Comment

.... now i have that song in my head. arrrrrggh.

*runs and hides in the corner.... yep that's me in the corner!*

Comment

Working...
          X