This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not even managers are immune

OK, so I think this hotel has a curse with phones... AP007 screwed up answering the hotel phone, I screwed up with my cell phone... this week it was the AGM's turn.

*phone rings*
    AGM- thank you for calling the... *pause* where am I again... oh yeah (us) how can I help you.

after the call
    AGM- Damnit smiley, this is your fault for telling me about how that phone is cursed.
    Me-
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Smiley, I know the feeling.

In the last two years, I have had 5 different work numbers and companies.

It takes me a few seconds to try to remember what my call-back number is today.

I need to keep a sticky on the monitor with <Company Name> and <Company Number> on the keyboard.

Cell and home numbers are even worse.

B
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
    I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

One day at work, I just went stupid when it came to answering the phone. Everytime that day, I would screw it up somehow. My boss could not get enough of that.
      Under The Moon Paranormal Research
      San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

One of my collegues did a similar thing the other day.

Part of our internal sales teams job is to call purchase orders over the PA to the warehouse staff. On a very busy day recently, the phones had been ringing off the hook. This particular staff member had just finished printing out a customer order and was heading to the microphone to call it in. As she reached the mic, the manager in the background called out for all available staff to answer phones, so instead of asking warehouse for a pick up, she says "Welcome to *compnay name* *collegues name* speaking. How may I help you?

The boys in the warehouse had a good laugh over that one
        "When did you get a gold plated toilet?"
        "We don't have a gold plated toilet"
        "Oh dear, I think I just peed in your Tuba"

-Jasper Fforde

Comment

Working...
        X