This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrong Country...

I live in Portland Oregon, USA. To the north of our state, is Washington, and above it, Canada. Important to know.

Kid: *plops a can of beer on the counter*
    Me: ID please?
    Kid: Sure! *hands me his ID*
    His ID is a Washington ID card. Not a big deal. The big deal is, his Birthday is 1990!!!!

ME: *sighing mentally* "Sorry bro, your not old enough. Come back in three years.

Kid: But you only have to be 18 in Canada!!!

ME: ??? Annnnnd? 21 here.

Kid: But 18 in Canada! Don't make me drive there!

ME: .... No. 21 here. Come back three years.

KID: ....... ok......
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

You know, his whole life the drinking age has been 21. Why would he think that just because you're close to canada, you're in canada? That is some powerful stupid.
    http://footloosecomic.com Pirate Faeries!!

Comment

Even if he drove up to British Columbia, he still wouldn't be able to purchase alcohol because the drinking age is 19 there.
      Hell, I moved to PDX from Alberta when I was 18 (legal limit in Alberta) and it wasn't any surprise that I had to abide by the rules of my new country...yeesh!

Comment

Even if he drove up to British Columbia, he still wouldn't be able to purchase alcohol because the drinking age is 19 there.
        Totally my thought. That is some kind of stupid there.
        “Bad taste creates many more millionaires than good taste.”

-Charles Bukowski

Comment

In England it's 18 so by that guys logic:

Kid: But both countries speak the same language! C'mon man! Don't make me swim all the way over there!

Comment

If you can swim from Washington to anywhere in the UK I will pay for your beer.

Comment

Quoth Nell View Post
              Hell, I moved to PDX from Alberta when I was 18 (legal limit in Alberta) and it wasn't any surprise that I had to abide by the rules of my new country...yeesh!
              1) It's Quebec, not Alberta, that keeps talking about "Sovereignty Association" (i.e. breaking away from the responsibilities that come with being part of Canada, but keeping the benefits).

2) Although they keep talking about it, they're still part of Canada.

You didn't move to a new country, just a new province.
              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post

KID: ....... ok......
                am I the only one who hears that in the voice of the vault guard in Serenity... you know the scene where he asks for the authorization password and Jayne fires a burst on his machine gun and the guard kind of defeated yells back up "ok"

and back on topic... Plaidman... why do all the idiots seem to be attracted to convenience stores? You guys do seem to get a disproportionate amount of them (not that I mind if that means that they aren't bothering me )
                If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth Nell View Post
                  Quoth wolfie View Post
                  You didn't move to a new country, just a new province.
                  Erm...I thought PDX was Portland, Oregon, USA...so that would be a new country...

I could very well be mistaken, though.
                  Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Saw the reference to British Columbia in his post, and assumed that was where PDX (don't know what that TLA stands for) was in BC.
                    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
                      am I the only one who hears that in the voice of the vault guard in Serenity... you know the scene where he asks for the authorization password and Jayne fires a burst on his machine gun and the guard kind of defeated yells back up "ok"
                      Nope. Hmmm..... I need to go to the Fox site and find out when Dollhouse airs.......

Wait, where was I? Oh, right, damn that kid was stupid.
                      The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Working...
                      X