This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's a new one for me

If you don't know, I work at a church as a custodian. We occasionally have meetings on Saturday mornings, so I have to be there, and mostly I just sit at a desk and surf the internet. Well, today, I just had someone come in, wanting to know if church was going on, or if it was canceled because of the snow. Mind you, this was a Saturday.
    All Hail Blortash, King of the Time Traveling Space Bears, who comes to us from Future Year 3032, known to us Earth Mortals as Regular 3032.

Is it scary that I can see some possible options? . . .
    Some of the curches where I live hold services on Sat. (They may have been "visiting" from a church with Sat services)
    I used to have a very routine life- as in I worked M-F had Sat off church on Sun - didn't always think about the day of the week itself. This person got an extra Friday off . . .and just routine would be one day off church the next day.
    It could also be someone who has lost track of dates.
    Or it could be someone who just happened to have (as you posted it) a brain burp.

At least it is a new one and not one that you get on a regular basis.

Comment

Looks to me like you ran into a Seventh Day Adventist.

On a very off topic, PEPPERFLAKE IN THE EYE! GAAAAAAAHHHHH!
      Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Yup, probably a Seventh Day Adventist
        Otaku

Comment

Or a Catholic. I usually like the Saturday evening mass over the overly crowded Sunday morning masses.

Comment

Could've been a Catholic who was used to Saturday masses. The church nearest me does a 4 o'clock mass on Saturday nights. I used to love it because I could take the family to mass, then we'd go out to dinner somewhere while my brother and I were doing confirmation classes. We found it much easier to go to than the masses on Sunday.

Comment

Working...
            X