X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Things Come in Plain Brown Paper

A couple of quickies from Mr. Dips' coin shop:

X-ray Goggles Not Included

A customer called the shop to complain about how her rolls of quarters were packed. The problem? They were wrapped in brown paper. How was she supposed to see them?

Instructions are Hard

A man bought a book with all but one of the state quarters pre-mounted. When the last quarter (Hawaii) came out, the shop sent it to him with directions for mounting it. Since the book was a do-it-yourself designed for children, it shouldn't have been a problem.

But it was. He called the shop and one of Mr. Dips' coworkers tried to talk him though it. No dice. After 30 minutes the man asked if he could send the book back so the co-worker could mount the quarter for him. She told him he'd have to pay shipping both ways. He was fine with that, so that's what they did.
    Last edited by Dips; 01-06-2009, 10:28 PM.
    The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Im assuming all he had to do to mount the quarter was push it into some slot or something similar?? Did this man not have hands? Thats the only thing that mightve explained why he couldnt do it.

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
      Im assuming all he had to do to mount the quarter was push it into some slot or something similar?? Did this man not have hands? Thats the only thing that mightve explained why he couldnt do it.
      Nah, that's no excuse, I'm pretty sure that if you smacked it against your face hard enough you could mount it
      <Insert clever signature here>

Comment

Quoth Dips View Post

X-ray Goggles Not Included

A customer called the shop to complain about how her rolls of quarters were packed. The problem? They were wrapped in brown paper. How was she supposed to see them?
        I, personally, HATE when coins are in the clear plastic rolls. Major pain to open, especially as a cashier with a line of cranky customer in front of me.
        I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Quoth Bella_Vixen View Post
          I, personally, HATE when coins are in the clear plastic rolls. Major pain to open, especially as a cashier with a line of cranky customer in front of me.
          I agree, but she wasn't complaining about paper rolls vs. plastic rolls. That might make sense, after all.

She was complaining about the paper that was used as packing material to cushion the rolls during shipping.

Apologies for the confusion.
          The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Hold with your thumb and index finger, with your index finger stretched along the length of it.

Then crack them in half on the side of the register, and then fold inward.

Causes all of the coins to law flat and fall out of the hole in the center
            <Insert clever signature here>

Comment

Quoth Dips View Post
              Apologies for the confusion.
              All is forgiven.
              I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

I've always had luck with just holding the roll between my thumb and first finger between the first and second knuckle, then pushing the end coins through the hole. Causes the rest of the coins to lay flat and come out in turn. ^_^

I, personally, don't like the paper rolls. They always seemed to fall apart when I'd slam them against the counter to open em. Or, when they'd open, I couldn't get the ends out easily.
                Carpe Jugulum : Go for the throat.

Comment

Whack and unwrap?
                  Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

RW, wrong thread.
                    Unseen but seeing
                    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                    3rd shift needs love, too
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I don't like the plastic either. It's much more difficult to tear open than the paper.

At least with the paper wrapper, I can slide a fingernail underneath the crease and open it.
                      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                      X