Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember an editorial cartoon back in the early days of the AIDS epidemic. It had 2 panels - in the first, a man said to the clerk "I'd like a box of condoms", and in the second, somewhat embarrased, "and a pack of cigarettes". Pity that a couple generations from now people won't understand why that would be funny.
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I saw a version of that where a guy (I think it was Hugh Laurie) was loudly talking about needing loads of condoms and then whispered that he wanted a Jason Donovan album.

Rapscallion

Comment

Hehe, there's one pharamacy that my friend and I frequent whenever we need pharmacy things. They had a sale on condoms once and we literally shreiked, "OMG! Two 12-packs for only eight bucks! That's amazing!"

The poor older lady stocking the shelves in the same aisle almost died laughing at us

Comment

Quoth Gwen_Goth View Post
          haha, i gotta say I've never been embarrassed to buy condoms... if anything im proud that A) I'm getting laid, and B) i'm doing it safely
          Unless you buy the generic kind. Then you're just a cheap fucker!

But seriously...

I was never embarrassed either, and I agree with your points. Especially the first one.

Back when I first started seeing my ex, back before I learned what a psycho she was, I stopped at this one store to buy a box of condoms, and as luck would have it, the cashier turned out to be the best friend of my previous girlfriend, who had recently dumped me, then tried to come crawling back to me, only to be told "no way!"

I'm sure the look on her face was priceless when her friend told her she had seen me, and what I had bought.
          Sometimes life is altered.
          Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
          Uneasy with confrontation.
          Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

I've only been embarassed once to buy personal,sexual things. That was because when I got to the cashier, I realized that she had been one of my childcare teachers back in the day.

"Wow McGoddess! You really have grown!!"

"Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
              It had 2 panels - in the first, a man said to the clerk "I'd like a box of condoms", and in the second, somewhat embarrased, "and a pack of cigarettes".
              *head scratch*
              *think think think*
              Oh... okay... now I get it.
              "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Working...
              X