This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But...But...It's 2009!

Being an independent store, we carry items from local authors and artists that big chains don't. This means there is a steady stream of self-published local authors coming in and dropping off stuff to be considered by our local buyer. The process is simple: you fill out our local buys form, give it along with a copy of the item you wish to sell to our local buyer, and he considers it and gets back to you in 4-6 weeks. The form they have to fill out clearly lists this time period at the top.

Today a woman comes in wanting to sell a calendar made by an artist she 'represents'. I'm guessing she is some sort of agent, though if she was my agent I would fire her, and this is why:

She says she wants us to carry this calendar, and seems surprised that I won't just take them and put them on the shelf for her right then. I give her the form and explain the process.

'Agent': But this is a 2009 calendar!(said in the whiniest voice I've ever heard from an adult)

Me: I'm afraid these things take time.

Or, maybe, you should have brought in your 2009calendar in before January 14th.
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

She should have come to you six months ago.

What's the phrase we all know and love?

"Lack of planning on your part..."
    "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
      'Agent': But this is a 2009 calendar!(said in the whiniest voice I've ever heard from an adult)
      "Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realise. It'll be put out in 2015 when the days are the same."
      "I'll probably come round and steal the food out of your fridge later too, then run a key down the side of your car as I walk away from your house, which I've idly set ablaze" - Mil Millington

Comment

Working...
      X