X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrong number call

[big edit]
    I just received this call not even 60 seconds ago (I was navigating here while listening to the message lol)...

The lady was really nice and all, but had to of had a major brain malfunction to of even considered leaving the information she did.

If anyone's seen the commercial, please tell me -- I need to investigate if they might've put my 800 number up by accident, or might be close to it. My company can't afford tons of wrong calls when we have to pay for them.

Anyway this woman was looking for some "(I think it's dryel -drl all/dri all) dry cleaning product" free sample as she saw on television in Arizona.

She called...... my company..... every menu item is computer/software related.... she picked the option for....... you ready for it? A "online dating site" (it's an offshoot of our classifieds). Even though I don't care if people know my company as I own it, I won't say what it is -- but I will say the name would appear as non-sensical as "baquorf". So to get these "dri all pads free sample" she contacted "baquorf's personals (dating site)" and left a message for them. Not only that she gave personal information about her address (don't think she provided her telephone number), and asked to be called back if she had the wrong place.
    She was really nice on the phone.... but what the hell? My company doesn't even sound like a place to sell home cleaning products, or are they personal hygeine products? -- let alone listening to every phone option and selecting "online dating", and not even the option for "representative"! I would've thought if anything, she'd of pressed the option for representative.

[edit:]
    I called the lady back to tell her she had the wrong number, she said "I'll call back and try a different extension" (I died a little inside), but when I said "the 800 number itself was wrong, the entire thing's my company" she was really nice and said "Oh, thanks, sorry for wasting your time, I'll just give up then"
    Last edited by JLRodgers; 01-20-2009, 11:07 PM.

At least you got a nice brain farter
    "Hi, this is Silver. How may I lose my self respect in order to cater to your over- inflated ego today?" --- Silverrb

Comment

Working...
    X