This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time clock stumps me

So the last few days of work have been somewhat stressful. Our manager was taking classes, so I was in charge for 3 days, and then day number four we had inventory. Maybe that explains my inability to think things through.

On this day, I was coming back from lunch about 1:30. I’m thinking about what I have to do before I go; the shift change is occurring in half an hour, we have chickens on sale so I need to remind the night crew to do voycalls and keep the case full, blah, blah, blah. When I get to the time clock, I notice I’ve gone 3 minutes over on my lunch. No big deal. Off to work I go.

4:00 comes, my shift is over, and I go to clock out. Except I can’t. The clock informs me that I’m still on my lunch break. Damn it! I stood in front of the time clock and forgot to punch out of lunch. So I clock out of lunch and go to customer service to get a time exception sheet. Get that filled out, turn it in, and go home.

Next morning, I come in, get my stuff out of my locker. Clock in. And the clock informs me that I’m already clocked in. Aaaarrrgggghhhh! R______, the bakery manger, comes up behind me as I smack my forehead against the time clock.

R: Sweetie, what’s wrong?
    Me: (waves arms wildly) Yesterday I forgot to clock in from lunch, and I tried to clock out but couldn’t ,so I had to fill out a time sheet and then I came in this morning and I forgot to clock out yesterday, and now it won’t let me clock in and now I have to go fill out another time sheet! (Takes a deep breath, turns to go to customer service).
    R: Um, maybe you should clock out now? Then you can clock in?
    Me: Duh! (Smacks self in forehead).

The store director came by later to tell me he had gotten it fixed. I swear he was smirking at me.
    Voodoo is a very interesting religion for the whole family, even those members of it who are dead. - Good Omens

Oh, I've done things like that too. It's okay. *offers comfort and chocolate*
    1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
    -----
    http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

I've lost (as in completely LOST) two punch cards in two days on one occasion. $10 for each replacement.
      Long days, short nights, a bottle of NOS makes it all right.

Canadians Unite !

Comment

I've done that many times at <old job>. Always feel like an idiot when I do. Thankfully I have yet to do it at Kroger....yet....damn I just jinxed it didn't I?

Comment

I have a very bad tendency to do that. It makes the accountant giggle the first few times, then threaten to strangle me.
          "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

Working...
          X