This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• but we're THERE

I don't even care if no one else reads this, I just need to vent a little bit.

Within my area, there are 4 or 5 locations of Glitter Hell. I don't remember, because I don't actually care. Within THECITY where I work, there are TWO locations of Glitter Hell.

For some reason, customers always refer to the OTHER one as the one in THECITY.

"Oh, can you see if the one in THECITY has any?"
    "uh, this is THECITY"
    I know exactly what they mean, and I only fuck with the ones who seem pleasant, but seriously, we're in the same freakin city. If you were to ask me, on the street, where the Glitter Hell in THECITY was, I'd tell you where my location was.

Most of the time, they just go "oh, yeah, duh", or some variant. I figured, it wasn't an actual sucky thing, just a momentary loss of intelligence. Or something.

It just drives me a little bit bonkers, I think because recently, it's increased. Several times in the past two weeks someone has asked / told me that.
    you are = you're. not "your".

Helsinki is a bit funny that way. The "central district" is actually crammed into the southwestern part of the municipality, and there are at least two major "centres" to the north and east of there which have their own names (Pasila and Itäkeskus, the latter literally means "East Centre").

Then immediately to the west it becomes Espoo municipality, but Espoo centre is quite a few miles further on. Then "Helsinki Airport" is actually in Vantaa municipality, further north than Pasila...

But that does mean that there can be several outlets for a chain in the Helsinki area, and each is given a name which locals can immediately interpret into a rough location.

Comment

Working...
    X