Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Oddest Phone Call in a LONG time...

Getting back into the groove now...

I'm the billing manager for an accounting firm. As part of my job, I also do collections. The policy is, "nothing is out the door without being paid for it first."

So, this lady known as N. calls in and asks for her tax return copies and all her source documents for bookkeeping. This would be great, except that we hadn't heard from her in the entire year, including for the ye olde information call (the mass mailing for tax return information in the beginning of the season).

N.: "Well...I know I'm supposed to have them, because you guys sent me everything at the same time... *giggle* but I don't know why I don't have them."
    Me: "I understand. I see your returns right here...and I know I can print them out for you, but you have a rather heavy prior balance."
    N.: "True...and I know that, but you guys really don't do such a good thing with my bookkeeping... A. (old bookkeeper) REALLY screwed up my books, and K. is more of a B+...and I don't know who even has my account anymore, but... *giggle* I'd really like to have someone come in soon."

Now, this is the minor back story. A. has been a top-notch bookkeeper for three years before she found another place. The first and ONLY time she went to N for bookkeeping, N. went off the deep end and screamed at her AND the boss.

Me: "...I'm pretty sure that before that you have to pay your prior balance, m'am."
    N.: "*giggle* Ohh, yes, I know."

She then, for whatever reason, started doing an astrology reading on me, over the phone.

Never did get a payment. And her copies are sitting at my desk still, because manager heard what's going on and, after retrieving eyebrows, told me not to do a thing unless it's paid for.
    Sometimes, it just doesn't pay to get out of the blanket nest.
Working...
X