This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tales from the darkside... er Library

For the last few weeks we've been incredibly busy for PC bookings, so much so that we are having to book people for sessions starting up to an hour after they request the booking.
    More and more say the phrase we've come to dread "Don't you have anything before that" it's been especially bad for the last week and I have been dying to say "Yes, we have plenty before that, but I'm making you wait the whole hour just because I don't like your face", but I know someone will complain and I don't need any more verbal warnings, even though our manager is good enough to know what the SCs are like.

Anyway on Monday just passed manager is doing one of his rare stints at the desk, and third customer in about 20 mins says to him the "Don't you have anything earlier" speech, manager earns my eternal kudos by saying, "Oh yes we have plenty free, I just like making you wait".

The customers face was a delight, he got that look on his face, you know the one where they're about to ask for the manager, so I subtly turn around the manager's badge to make sure the SC can see that it's the manager he's dealing with. Cue rapid about-face and agreement to wait for the one in an hour.

I love it!

I've wanted to do that many times. Now I know, I just have to be the manager!

Comment

Grrrrrrrrrr......................

I know how you feel. I'm a secretary in Little Department at Enormous State University. I make appointments for our undergrad advisors.

Me = me
      SS = Sucky Student

Me: The first opening I have is next Monday. I also have appointments on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday of next week.
      SS: Do you have anything sooner?

Me: The first opening is on Friday. I have a 9:00 am and that's the only open time that day.
      SS: Do you have anything in the afternoon?

SS: Do you have anything on Tuesday?
      Me: Yes, Tuesday is wide open. There are appointments all morning and anytime in the afternoon except 2:30.
      SS: Okay, I'll take the 2:30!

Women can do anything men can.
      But we don't because lots of it's disgusting.
      Maxine

Comment

Working...
      X