Clear All

• A riddle

What do
    The Sideline with Sandra Bullock
    Alvin and the Chipmunks the Squeakuill

and 2012 have in common?

*Jeopardy theme*

Time's up.

All of the customers who asked for these movies on DVD were not aware that they were still in theaters.

/me looks guiltily at the little green ยต sign on his other computer.

Actually I don't tend to download movies that are in theatre, but I do have a copy of Talvisota waiting to be watched. It's a documentary film about the Winter War, which started 70 years and 4 days ago. Just to spice things up, the enemy is Soviet Russia.

Comment

Quoth NateTheChops View Post

All of the customers who asked for these movies on DVD were not aware that they were still in theaters.
      IF they're in theaters... I think, of those, only The Side Line is currently, the rest aren't even in theaters yet...
      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
        IF they're in theaters... I think, of those, only The Side Line is currently, the rest aren't even in theaters yet...
        2012 was released Nov. 13, but Alvin's not out in wide release until Dec. 23.
        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

The Sideline with Sandra Bullock
          uh. blind side? unless she came out with another movie recently...?

2012 was actually kinda good...i laughed, i cried, i got pissed off at obnoxious teenagers...
          If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
          ^_^

Comment

Happens all the time. When I was a video rental peon I'd constantly have people coming in and asking some variation of "I'm looking for a movie with <actor> in it, but I don't know the name" Eventually it's determined they're looking for something they just saw a preview for, and it isn't even in theaters yet.

I once had an SC SCREAM at me on a saturday night when the store was packed because he couldn't find the movie he wanted on the shelves. Note that he didn't ask if we had it, just started screaming because it wasn't where he was looking for it.
            It was Pirates of the Caribbean 2. Pirates 1 had just been released on video. In fact, he had just dropped off the new release copy of it he had rented the day before. I told him, loudly enough for everyone to hear, that we don't have it because they havent made it yet, and they'll probably send it to theaters before it's available to rent.
            Aliterate : A person who is capable of reading but unwilling to do so.

"A man who does not read has no advantage over a man who cannot" - Mark Twain

Comment

Quoth infinitemonkies View Post

I once had an SC SCREAM at me on a saturday night when the store was packed because he couldn't find the movie he wanted on the shelves. Note that he didn't ask if we had it, just started screaming because it wasn't where he was looking for it.
              I at a at a blockbuster when I overheard a man screaming what crappy service they had since they didn't have Dark Knight yet, when some other video place I never heard had it.

Dark Knight wasn't even out yet. I remember seeing the clerk snort and trying not to laugh as she calmly tried to say the movie wasn't even out yet. He started screaming. Mananager had to call police but guy took off.

Besides, if it was out to video, I would have beaten the man for it. Litearlly. I would beat him with the case it self. (taking the dvd out first natuarlly).
              Military Spouse Support.
              http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
              Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Quoth Green_Fairy View Post
                uh. blind side?
                I stand corrected.

As for 2012, honestly I just want to see cities blow up and continents get swallowed by water.

Comment

As for 2012, honestly I just want to see cities blow up and continents get swallowed by water.
                  The specials effects were amazing in the film. So long as you switch off your analytical brain it's great fun, but for me I had just as much fun the next day in the office nitpicking the many blatant scientific impossibilities & wild coincidences with my friend who saw it the week before. I think the thing that made me laugh the hardest was the magical mobile phones
                  "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

No no no, don't you understand, when you see the preview for a movie, that's when it's already been MAGICALLY transported by the film faries to your nearest movie store!
                    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
                      MAGICALLY transported by the film faries to your nearest movie store!
                      Magic nuthin. Spaceballs had that technology years ago. It appeared on the tapes in stores as they were filming it.

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                        Magic nuthin. Spaceballs had that technology years ago. It appeared on the tapes in stores as they were filming it.
                        Space Balls appeared on tape in the movie as they were filming it.
                        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                          Space Balls appeared on tape in the movie as they were filming it.
                          It was available at Mr. Rental! Are you saying Mel Brooks lied to me?!

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                            It was available at Mr. Rental! Are you saying Mel Brooks lied to me?!
                            Of course not. They got the tape from Mr. Remtal and watched it in the movie. Here's the script (about half-way down the page).

Colonel Sandurz: Sir, I have an idea. Corporal, get me the video cassette of Spaceballs: the Movie.
                            Corporal searches a Mr. Rental shelf full of Mel Brooks films
                            Dark Helmet: Colonel Sandurz, may I speak with you please? [lifts helmet] How can there be a video cassette of the movie? We're still in the middle of making it!
                            Colonel Sandurz: Yes, but there's been a new breakthrough in home video marketing.
                            Dark Helmet: There has?
                            Colonel Sandurz: Yes! Instant cassettes. They're out in stores before the movie is finished!
                            Dark Helmet: ... Nah!
                            Corporal: [Holds up Cassette] Here it is, sir- Spaceballs!
                            [Dark Helmet and Sandurz come across an image of themselves viewing the screen. As they react, the screen mimics what they are doing.]
                            Dark Helmet: What the hell am I looking at?! When does this happen in the movie?!
                            Colonel Sandurz: "Now", sir. You're looking at "now". Everything happening now [indicates himself and Helmet] is happening "now". [Indicates the screen]
                            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                              Of course not. They got the tape from Mr. Remtal and watched it in the movie.
                              Yes, I know, I watched it 2 weeks ago. I think you're being too literal. Gonna comb the desert next?

Comment

Working...
                              X