This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At least he made me laugh.

*note: this patient was somewhat confused. im not making fun of his issue, just he was good for a hardy laugh yesterday.*

I was walking down the hall last night (in a hospital, where I work) and someones bed alarm is going off. Its an alarm we use to ensure confused patients arent trying to get up by themselves and fallling or whatever.

I walk into this guys room, turn off his alarm and asks if he needs help...and now...starts the tirade.

He wants a microwave. And he wants one now. But he doesnt want it to have a chili button or a popcorn button. Just a microwave with numbers. Do I have a microwave? Well, no, no i dont. So, im worthless. But hes trying to look for a phone number, so he hands me 2 index cards covered with names and phone numbers and he asks me to find "Mr and Mrs Jones"...b/c they have a microwave he can have for $20.

So, I'm trying to read these cards and its hard. The pen ink has bled somewhat. So he pipes up "Can you read this ok?"

I say, "yeah, its just a little blurry."

His response: "Oh dont worry about that. My cat peed all over them, but i thnk theyre dry now."

No, actually they weren't dry but I was hoping that was water. Cue me handing him back his cards and washing my hands.

Lol. I tried to ease outta the room, but man, was he a talker. Finally someone came by and "rescued" me (faked needing me for something) and I made my exit.

At least he made my evening entertaining. He kept asking me some some Jack Daniels everytime i passed. Id just give him a thumbs up and keep it moving.

Quoth Amina516;658436I
    was walking down the hall last night (in a hospital, where I work)

So, I'm trying to read these cards and its hard. The pen ink has bled somewhat. So he pipes up "Can you read this ok?"

I say, "yeah, its just a little blurry."

His response: "Oh dont worry about that. My cat peed all over them, but i thnk theyre dry now."

No, actually they weren't dry but I was hoping that was water. Cue me handing him back his cards and washing my hands.
    Wait... what?

Was the cat in the hospital too?
    Women can do anything men can.
    But we don't because lots of it's disgusting.
    Maxine

Comment

Quoth Sparky View Post
      Wait... what?

Was the cat in the hospital too?
      Some hospitals allow pets to visit for longterm patients, because they've been proven to help heal.
      Military Spouse Support.
      http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
      Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

His cat was most definately NOT in the hospital. Like Plaid said, some allow that, but since our place is not long term, just acutely ill kinda stuff, it might of been peed on a while ago.

But still...I dont know whos pee was on those cards then, if it was even pee and where it came from. . Lol.

Comment

Working...
        X