This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gender brain crap

I went to see a movie and the usher was ripping tickets and saying "there you are sir/ma'am, first theater on the left, enjoy the show" as fast as he could. He gets to me and this happens:

"There you go sir...(looks up) OH CRAP! Ma'am! First theater on the left, enjoy the show!"

I just busted-out laughing because when he caught himself he his face was !
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Hee hee! Guess he just got into a groove there. It's like automatically asking every customer if they need a bag, even if the customer already put their stuff into a reuseable bag.
    !
    "For truth is always strange; stranger than fiction." -- Lord Byron

Comment

I'm so used to just rattling off my script, I'll say "License plate number....oh wait, you came in a taxi. Nevermind!"
      Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Very tired me on a bus once

bus driver - good morning
        me - good morning, xyz company, Telephone angel speaking, how can I help you? I mean, can I have ticket please?
        Customer "why did you answer the phone if you can't help me?"

Comment

Quoth Mnemjian View Post
          Hee hee! Guess he just got into a groove there. It's like automatically asking every customer if they need a bag, even if the customer already put their stuff into a reuseable bag.
          Wait...your customers fill their own reusable bags?!
          Marvin: "Here I am, brain the size of a planet and they ask me to take you down to the bridge. Call that job satisfaction? 'Cos I don't."

Krispy Kreme puts the "ugh" back in "doughnuts".

Comment

We fill our own reusable bags here... we've had bag-it-yourself discount grocery stores for years.

Comment

Heh. I've done this. Only usually it's not my mistaking the person's gender, but that I literally have not looked at them. You'd be surprised how easy it is to count people together out of the corner of your eye, where you can't see detail. It usually goes like "three adults for?"*finishes organizing stuff from last transaction* "Show X" *punches up show X* "What time?" "7:30" "$40.50. Thank you, enjoy your show si..." *finally looks at customer* "iii-ma'am."

No, the voice doesn't penetrate, yes, you'd have to be an idiot to mistake any of them for sirs.
              Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth TheComputerError View Post
                Wait...your customers fill their own reusable bags?!
                I'm at a bookstore so it's not like there's usually multiple bags to fill... usually I'll go to swipe their card and when I turn back they've already put their book away in a bag or purse
                !
                "For truth is always strange; stranger than fiction." -- Lord Byron

Comment

I've asked cashiers if they want cash out a few times
                  The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I've been called mister by a little kid at my store once, and before you ask yes it was clear that I was a girl.
                    ......../\
                    ....../__\
                    ..../\...../\
                    ../__\../__\

Comment

I've accidentally called a woman "sir" or a man "ma'am" by accident before.

I'll just laugh it off . . . it's as if my brain were on autopilot and usually the customer will laugh with me, too.

Another thing I've done on a register:

after giving the customer his/her total, continue on with "will that be debit or credit sir/ma'am?" and they have cash in their hand.

Chalk that one up to so many folks using debit and/or credit cards nowadays I sometimes forget that cash works well too.
                      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

at least as far as my friends go we've resolved the gender issue by making Mr. an honorary title. When you do something impressive you earn your Mr. Sadly I haven't earned my Mr. yet 'cause I'm but a lowly college student.
                        Me to a friend: I know I'm crazy, you know I'm crazy, the zombies at the end of the world will know I'm crazy. Thus not eating my brain for fear of ingesting the crazy. It's my survival plan.

Comment

Working...
                        X