X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really hope not...

Just had another one of these.

I always end my spiel when checking in a guest with "If you need anything or have any questions, please feel free to dial '0' to reach the front desk; someone is here all night long to assist you."

Inevitably, the guest will ask, "Will YOU be here all night?"

Given that it's only 4pm, I sure as hell hope not. I do not want to be at work that long. Not to mention being here all night would seriously interfere with my second job (which starts at 3am). If I am here all night, I'm gonna be seriously pissed off.

To the guests, though, I'm apparently just a desk clerk robot who has no life away from the motel.

(Sometimes it isn't always their fault. I often get scheduled to do swing shift, and then a day shift, so I'll check them in in the afternoon and check them out the next morning. They'll look befuddled and ask "Are you STILL here?")
    Last edited by bhskittykatt; 01-30-2010, 12:48 AM.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

I used to work 16 hour shifts at a hotel so more often than not, the guests would see me in the morning and double-take and ask, "You're still here?!"
    Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

Working...
    X