This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Confuse My Coworkers

Iam still off work with the jaw problem and had to hand in another sick note.I asked my boyfriend to take the sicknote, in a clearly labelled envelope to my boss, to the local office and ask for it to go through the internal post.

Boyfriend came back looking flustered.

Apparently the conversation went like this -

bf - hello i need to hand this sick note in to go in the internal post to my girlfriends boss, she works here and she's sick.
    colleague - we don't usually refund services money on the grounds of being sick, but she can call our call centre and they will check for her
    bf - no, she works in the call centre, she's sick, this is her sicknote, i just need you to take it for her
    colleague - no, i don't need the sicknote, they will check if she can have any authorisation money and if she can, you can show it as proof when they tell her where to collect the money
    bf - no, she doesn't want money!she just wants her boss to get this sicknote, look its addressed to her boss.
    colleague - if she works here then she would know the rules for obtaining monetary authorisations, and sending personal letters to managers won't get any money if it isnt in the rules.

bf - can i speak to your manager?
    colleague - my manager will only tell you what i have told you.

manager walks over to see what is going on.

bf - this is my girlfriends sick note, she works here and it needs to....
    manager - ...go in the internal post? certainly, i'll do that for you.

*takes sick note*.
    Customer "why did you answer the phone if you can't help me?"

My brain just broke. It's like the coworker was some kind of robot, programmed to repeat the message.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

That's... disturbing.
      Life's too short to drink cheap beer

Comment

Woah.

That is all.
        "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

There was me thonking a piece of paper with PTO on both sides.
          ludo ergo sum

Comment

Working...
          X