This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tracing Paper and Tattoos

I don't even really know where to begin with this guy that came in the other day....

First of all, he couldn't speak English all that well, which certainly didn't help.

Second, he didn't seem to understand the difference between tracing paper and carbon paper. He kept using the terms interchangeably, and they most certainly aren't the same thing.

Eventually I asked him what he was trying to do.

"Tattoos."

Ta....tattoos?

You know, I'm still not quite sure what it was he was trying to do, but from what I gather he wanted to use the tracing paper to create outlines and the carbon paper to transfer the outlines to the skin, but I'm not sure. Either way, I don't think that's the proper procedure (I have no tattoos so I don't know), and even if it is, the stuff we have wouldn't work, since it'd just tear.

Ultimately, I couldn't help him, and had to leave him to fend for himself. God help his clients......
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Hm when I had mine done, the guy ran the traced outline through a copier because fresh copier toner will transfer to damp skin just fine. carbon transfer paper may work on a large fairly firm flat surface like a back, or in small reasonably firm areas like a bicep.
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Working...
    X