This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's why you're the customer and I'm the...reservations taking guy

She wasn't really sucky but just a little dumb.

C: I'm wondering how much it would be for a week.
    Me: We don't really offer weekly rates, but if you stay at least 7 days I can get you a rate of $59.99 per night.
    C: Do you have any food-making things?
    Me: You mean a kitchen?
    C: Yes
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Wow. You really think she's intelligent enough to be around such 'food making things?'

Comment

No, not a kitchen, a replicator. Like in Star Trek.
      To err is human, to blame someone else shows good management skills.

my blog --> http://www.hendrices.com/joesblog/
      my brother's blog --> http://www.hendrices.com/ryansblog/

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
        She wasn't really sucky but just a little dumb.

<snip>

C: Do you have any food-making things?
        Me: You mean a kitchen?
        C: Yes
        Um, I actually did this until fairly recently as I had a build-up of fluid in my brain, affecting my 'naming' memory & my short-term memory. It's also one of the symptoms of dementia. It also happens to my diabetic mother when her blood sugar starts getting too low. Please rephrase the dumb part?

Sorry for being picky, I'm just a little sensitive about it as I had to endure a few snide comments over the last few years while the doctors worked out what was wrong with me & how to fix it.
        "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

I've done it too. 'Tip of the tongue syndrome' I can't help it!

Classic yesterday, when I was telling a coworker about winning a contest based on applause:

"I won because I got the most clap...........Clapping...I mean APPLAUSE!!!"

Now he won't stop telling my other coworkers how much 'clap' I have!
          "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth joe hx View Post
            I want one of those and a transporter!

Quoth LillFilly View Post
            I've done it too. 'Tip of the tongue syndrome' I can't help it!

Classic yesterday, when I was telling a coworker about winning a contest based on applause:

"I won because I got the most clap...........Clapping...I mean APPLAUSE!!!"

Now he won't stop telling my other coworkers how much 'clap' I have!
            I do that when I'm very, very, very tired, like jet-lagged tired. On two separate occasions, I referred to acorns as "oak nuts" and an oak tree as an "acorn tree".
            It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth greek_jester View Post
              Um, I actually did this until fairly recently as I had a build-up of fluid in my brain, affecting my 'naming' memory & my short-term memory. It's also one of the symptoms of dementia. It also happens to my diabetic mother when her blood sugar starts getting too low. Please rephrase the dumb part?

Sorry for being picky, I'm just a little sensitive about it as I had to endure a few snide comments over the last few years while the doctors worked out what was wrong with me & how to fix it.
              Yup aphasia is a bitch ... oddly enough being multilingual helps, I can usually find a word in some language or another for the item .... may not be in english, mind you but mrDrone is also multilingual and deals with it. usually only happens when I am really tired and frazzled, and a bit low in blood sugar, or migrainey.

So they installed a shunt? All more or less better now hopefully?
              EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Well, to be honest, I have a Learning Disability, which makes me forget words often. The people I'm talking with occasionally have to deal with mini charade games when the words go away.

"The thing. Damn, about THIS big, and it holds liquids, you stick a straw in it..."

"You mean a cup?"

"YES! thank you!"
                "Did you at least ascertain the nature of his curse so that I may know the monstrosity that I face? ... A GIRL? He was... Turned into a girl? WHY WOULD ANYONE DO THAT?" -EGS http://egscomics.com

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
                  So they installed a shunt? All more or less better now hopefully?
                  Actually, I was lucky enough to qualify for a new procedure - IIRC I'm something like the 86th person in the UK to receive the op

WARNING - slightly gruesome op description ahead

A shunt goes in through the skull, which is quite invasive & takes a while to recover from. The new procedure is used when the brain's natural fluid drainage system, the veins, are blocked.

The new op uses a stent. These are usually used in heart or kidney ops to open up narrowed veins/arteries. In my case they inserted a stent into my vein through my neck, & slid it up into place in my brain. I was out of hospital on the 2nd day after the op, & the hole in my neck looked like I'd scratched a spot. I've actually got more of a scar from where they inserted the port on the back of my hand.

After effects were mainly from the anti-clotting medication (there's a higher risk of stroke with this procedure, but less chance of infection or related brain damage than with a shunt) & the general anaesthetic (I tended to doze off a lot for the first 3 weeks - they wouldn't let me back to work until I could go all day without napping!) Now I'm actually able to remember things from one minute to the next - no more carrying notes between offices so I'll remember what I was going to ask my supervisor!
                  "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

I do that sometimes. I also have a habit of turning my words around.

Quoth joe hx View Post
                    Does your replicators make decent nachos? [/Marcus Jones, Foxtrot]
                    Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth noone View Post
                      Well, to be honest, I have a Learning Disability, which makes me forget words often. The people I'm talking with occasionally have to deal with mini charade games when the words go away.
                      I do that without the excuse of a learning disability.

The worst is when neither party can remember the word, but both parties know the object intended with the wild flailing.
                      The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Quoth greek_jester View Post
                        Actually, I was lucky enough to qualify for a new procedure - IIRC I'm something like the 86th person in the UK to receive the op

WARNING - slightly gruesome op description ahead

A shunt goes in through the skull, which is quite invasive & takes a while to recover from. The new procedure is used when the brain's natural fluid drainage system, the veins, are blocked.

The new op uses a stent. These are usually used in heart or kidney ops to open up narrowed veins/arteries. In my case they inserted a stent into my vein through my neck, & slid it up into place in my brain. I was out of hospital on the 2nd day after the op, & the hole in my neck looked like I'd scratched a spot. I've actually got more of a scar from where they inserted the port on the back of my hand.

After effects were mainly from the anti-clotting medication (there's a higher risk of stroke with this procedure, but less chance of infection or related brain damage than with a shunt) & the general anaesthetic (I tended to doze off a lot for the first 3 weeks - they wouldn't let me back to work until I could go all day without napping!) Now I'm actually able to remember things from one minute to the next - no more carrying notes between offices so I'll remember what I was going to ask my supervisor!
                        Sweet!

They are using a similar procedure for MS in um, somewhere in europe =) as a sort of experimental deal.
                        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
                          The worst is when neither party can remember the word, but both parties know the object intended with the wild flailing.
                          That's the best part! What's even better is when a random person stops and tells us the word. Half the time they're amused when we loudly thank them, the other half scoot away slowly.
                          "Did you at least ascertain the nature of his curse so that I may know the monstrosity that I face? ... A GIRL? He was... Turned into a girl? WHY WOULD ANYONE DO THAT?" -EGS http://egscomics.com

Comment

Working...
                          X