This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're looking for what?

I had an older lady walk in the other day (probably 50s-ish) and she immediately looked pretty lost. So I walk over and ask her if she needed help finding something.

Lady: "I was wondering if you had any Astroglide"
    Me: "What exactly are would you like the product to do?"
    Lady: "I need it to stop my sneakers from chafing my ankles"

I then lead her to the appropriate aisle and hand her Bodyglide. She mentioned that she was glad I knew what she was talking about. I told her I was pretty certain she wasn't looking for Astroglide since we're not the right type of store for it. I then had to explain what Astroglide is and watch the slow look of horror unfold on her face as she realized exactly what she had originally asked me for.

Good thinking to ask when she needed it for. Huh; never thought there was a cream for that, wonder if that's what they sell to bikers and runners to prevent chafing.
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Awwww, poor lady, LOL!

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
        Good thinking to ask when she needed it for. Huh; never thought there was a cream for that, wonder if that's what they sell to bikers and runners to prevent chafing.
        bodyglide's pretty good for that. my dad and i always use chamois butt'r, but i've heard good things about bodyglide
        If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
        ^_^

Comment

Yep, it's mainly for bikers and runners (I work at an outdoor rec store).

I had to work so hard to keep a straight face after she asked for Astroglide though. I did duck back into the customer service closet after she left so I could laugh.

Comment

o man that was good.!

=)

Comment

Working...
            X