This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Punctuation makes a difference

This happened to my Mom, she works for IT services for the University. She was setting up (someone very important but her position escapes me at the moment)'s blackberry with the University's email system.

My mom went through all the steps then spent the next 2 hours trying to figure out why the woman could log in through a computer but not through her blackberry.

My mom was freaking out, scared that she might lose her job or something because it wasn't working.

In the end, after two hours, my mom asked what her password was.

Example;
    password = idiot's
    what she typed on her blackberry a hundred times = idiot,s

she kept confusing the apostrophe with a comma, but claimed she was typing her password right every single time. Once my mom typed it in for her it worked perfectly. My poor momma!
    When Angels go bad, they go worse than anyone. Remember, Lucifer was an angel.

I hate when customers repeatedly do something like enter in a password, and it's wrong, but they ensure you that its right, that they cannot possibly doing it wrong and that it's all you're fault. Then it's their fault anyway. Even after you *prove* it to them, it's still your fault.
    Sucky Customers- Have the ability to convert non-drinkers into raging alcoholics in one phone call or less.

Comment

Seeing the title made me think of signs that are around the city on light standards. Some make money at home scheme. What I like is the line that says "Don't believe, don't call". Hmmm... sounds like good advice. Thanks!

Comment

And then there is this story about punctuation use:

Dear John:
        I want a man who knows what love is all about. You are generous, kind, thoughtful. People who are not like you admit to being useless and inferior. You have ruined me for other men. I yearn for you. I have no feelings whatsoever when we're apart. I can be forever happy--will you let me be yours?
        Jane

Dear John:
        I want a man who knows what love is. All about you are generous, kind, thoughtful people, who are not like you. Admit to being useless and inferior. You have ruined me. For other men, I yearn. For you, I have no feelings whatsoever. When we're apart, I can be forever happy. Will you let me be?
        Yours,
        Jane
        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Ironclad, that was the funniest thing I read today!

I was going to add the motto for Canada's Comedy Network, "Time Well Wasted". Some standup comic (I think it was Richard Jeni) mentioned that the meaning changes with punctuation to "Time, Well... Wasted".
          "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

That should go in the Jokes section, if it hasn't already.

Comment

I just posted it there.
              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.
                ludo ergo sum

Comment

Reminds me of the classic missing serial comma example in a book dedication: "To my parents, Ayn Rand and God."

Comment

When I saw the thread title, all I could think of was the Panda bear joke (actually, I think it was the name of a book).

For the few (I assume?) who haven't heard it. (the shorter version)

Panda walks into a bar, orders a big meal, eats it with pleasure, stands up, takes out a gun, and fires shots all over the bar. One customer raises his head and says "why???". Panda says "cause I'm a Panda", and tosses a cheap and badly written wildlife dictionary at the guy as he walks out the door.

Guy looks it up. "Panda - native to china. Eats, shoots and leaves."

Madness takes it's toll....
                    Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Quoth Merriweather View Post
                      Guy looks it up. "Panda - native to china. Eats, shoots and leaves."
                      It's also the name of a book about punctuation....or lack thereof.
                      It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Working...
                      X