This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THAT was not a lost child!

I'm a few minutes into my break when I get a radio call from cleaning that a 'young man' is looking for his mom. Usually, young man/lady is what we say for children lost from their parents; better than blaring 'I have a lost kid!' over the radio. So I drop my soup and race-over, while asking over the radio for the cleaner to try to get his mommie's name so we can page. I come to the store to find....a 20-some year old man looking for his 50+ mother who he was supposed to meet at the car.
    We ended-up paging for his mother to meet him at the store, and he was supposed to wait there for her. He said she gets 'confused' so that made me concerned enough to walk around looking for her. Half-way through, I looked down to see him get up from the bench and just...walk away. Afterwards I couldn't find him or his mother, so either he saw her and went to meet her, got a call that she was out at the car, or remembered he actually drove here alone. I don't know! But there went my 1/2 hour lunch.

Afterwards, I asked cleaning to make sure they said 'gentleman or lady' for adults, because they had us panicking that we had a lost kid!
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Couldn't somebody have clarified that the "young man" in question was 20 years old before wasting all your time?

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
      Couldn't somebody have clarified that the "young man" in question was 20 years old before wasting all your time?
      Yeah, you'd think they would have corrected me when I asked about his 'mommy.'
      "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Could it have been possible that the young man was mentally and/or developmentally challenged? It could explain why he gets confused.

My brother is 35 and will sometimes get lost. Usually he'll either be over in Electronics at the video game cases or over in the toy section looking at the die cast NASCAR vehicles - but every once in a while he'll get lost and then he gets frustrated if he can't find either me or Mom within a few minutes.

Thank goodness for the cell phones - they save time and aggravation.
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
          Could it have been possible that the young man was mentally and/or developmentally challenged? It could explain why he gets confused.
          Nope, he was all there, just looking for his mother. The situation would have made sense if he HAD been disabled, then we would have worked with it as though he were a child.

Comment

Working...
          X