This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Can I take my popcorn home with me?"

I had a customer ask me this exact question, asking me if it was ok to do so, or if they had to throw it away. When they left, I chuckled to myself and thought how funny it'd be to tell them no.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but when you pay for something, be it cash, credit card, or check, the item (or whatever it happens to be) becomes yours, and you can do whatever you please with it. Why would people think that they can't take their movie theatre food home with them? Its yours, we don't want it. And we're not going to put the popcorn back into the popper and save it for the next customer.
    Sometimes I really worry about people, but only a little.

Well, at places like Olive Garden, if you pay for a never ending pasta bowl, you cant take the left overs home with you.

Maybe thinking that way, usually a large is refillable, they though they shouldnt be able to get to go home with it.

That being said....Ive never asked about the popcorn. Lol. Its usually stale by movies end anyways...!

Comment

Amina, don't youmean that its normally stale by the time it comes out of the machine?

(the theaters around here have notoriously bad popcorn)
      "You can only try so hard to look like you are working before actually doing your work seems easy in comparison" -My Boss

CW: So what exactly do you do in retentions?
      Me: ummm, I ....retent stuff?

Comment

People often ask me if they can take their purchases from our store into the mall. No, if the mall cops see you with that, they will come after you.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
        X