X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's called Google maps. . .use it!

More an annoyance. . . ok it does get to me sometimes

Was a typical busy day at work. I was glad to have the doors locked and get ready to do end of day paper work and leave. Course we are not without people calling our phones. Now I personally stop answering the phones once we close cause, past experiences have shown me that you are gonna get a customer who wants to take an eternity to price, ask unlimited questions, you get the jist.

SO I'm counting the registrar and my CW (whos new and been a month in) picks up the phone, after I say how I'm not picking that up. . . course he regretted it later.

Anyways this SC just goes on forever asking if we had a car cargo carrier in stock and prices and so on. I can hear this going on as my CW is just getting flustered each passing moment. Then top it off the customer on the phone needs directions to our store and I can hear my CW repeating himself "Turn right on ABCD street" "Were at 1234 address, next to the mall". I had enough and yelled "USE GOOGLE DAMMIT!" jokingly, I think the guy n the phone musta heard and my CW ended the call.

I cannot be your personal over the phone mapquest GPS buddy, especially when I don't know where you are coming from (it's always the customers who live out in some obscure area that I didn't even know was inhabited) Now fortunately we were closed, but when we have a line out the door and people are staring giving you step by step directions cause you can't read a map or bother googling it is not a priority.
    "This job would be great if it wasn't for the f***** customers." - Randell 'Clerks'

Had a guy come into the hotel yesterday morning asking for directions. I knew the address he was looking for, but no matter how clearly I explained it, he just wouldn't get it. I almost screamed at him when he asked for a map.

Here's how complicated the route was: Go east one block.

That was it. Same street, same side of the street, I even pointed which way was east, hell, we could see the building from where we were standing.

He seemed sober. Maybe early-onset Alzheimers?
    Aliterate : A person who is capable of reading but unwilling to do so.

"A man who does not read has no advantage over a man who cannot" - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
    X