This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny Amazon Review

I was checking out Amazon.com for a spray bottle which I could use to discipline my cats (side note: I have been all over this town looking for a good spray bottle that actually sprays a jet of water and there is nothing good! I did find one which looked good, but it promptly broke. Unbelievable! ). So yeah I kind of feel like a dork spending time reading spray bottle reviews on Amazon... but I found a pretty funny brain burp so I guess it wasn't totally worthless

BTW, it says in the description "This is for a empty bottle."

"I purchased this thinking it was a full bottle. I would have never paid this amount plus shipping for an empty bottle. Very disappointed! I will admit is is my error for not reading the complete description which says the bottle is empty. It's actually worth about 50 cents."

At least she admitted her mistake But really... what did she think it was full of?
    !
    "For truth is always strange; stranger than fiction." -- Lord Byron

You could probably find some at Lowes. Chemical bottles have adjustable twist nozzles on them that you can adjust from mist to stream, and they last forever.

I got one to put water in for my grill outside.

Comment

Quoth Mnemjian View Post
      I was checking out Amazon.com for a spray bottle which I could use to discipline my cats...
      Our last good spray bottle was actually chewed up by our cats. Sneaky bastards.

However, it was then that we discovered that the canned air we keep for our computers is actually a much better deterrent, and won't damage anything it hits.

At this point, we just need to click a fingernail on one of the cans and all three of them will look over with worried looks to see which one we're planning to discipline.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

If you're havin' trouble with cats goin' where they shouldn't there's a product called Bitter Apple,any pet store should have it,we can't smell it but cats hate it.It's OK to use on plants,most furniture,anywhere you want them to stay away from.I've used it & can recommend it.
        "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

My wife and I have had our dog for four years now. When we first adopted him from the humane society, he used to suffer bad bouts of separation anxiety when we'd leave him home alone. He'd go on destructive rampages while we were gone. The only place that was relatively safe was the back porch which is enclosed. The washer and dryer are on the porch, so there's not much to destroy. He did manage to chew the knobs off the washer and dryer, and has destroyed several dryer vent hoses. He's also gotten on top of the washer and dryer, and pulled bottles of detergent and other things from the shelves above.

Someone recommeded using the bitter apple spray as a deterrent, but it didn't work on Chaz. He still continued to get into what he could anytime we'd leave him home alone. Luckily, he seems to have outgrown most of the destructive tendencies on his own in the last year or two. I don't know how many times I've threatened that dog with his life, though. He is the biggest baby when someone is home with him, and will follow like a lost puppy, though. He just does not like to be alone.
          The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

I would also like to know what she thought it was full of.
            Check out my art: http://mechanicold.deviantart.com/

Comment

That really is funny! Think about it: It must have been described as a spray bottle. There couldn't have been any description of contents because there weren't any...so what on earth did she think she was buying?

As for the bitter apple...we tried it with one of our cats, years ago. He liked the taste so in his case, it wasn't much of a deterrent.
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions guys! I can't believe I didn't think of canned air before though. They're already afraid of it... it's perfect
                !
                "For truth is always strange; stranger than fiction." -- Lord Byron

Comment

Quoth Mnemjian View Post
                  "I purchased this thinking it was a full bottle. I would have never paid this amount plus shipping for an empty bottle. Very disappointed! I will admit is is my error for not reading the complete description which says the bottle is empty. It's actually worth about 50 cents."

At least she admitted her mistake But really... what did she think it was full of?
                  Maybe she thought it was full of water instead of air.

Comment

Why not a squirt gun?

Comment

My brother had a cat whom he used a squirt gun on to stop her from getting to the birds. She got sick of being blasted by water and counter-attacked the squirt gun. I think she actually ripped it out of my brother's hands and destroyed the thing.
                      Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Ummm, HELLOOO!!! It was full of AIR!!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X