X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internetz r hard

Another nugget from our Facebook page.

The latest comment on our wall is from somebody complaining she can't get to our online store clicking links on the facebook page, because those just take her someplace else on the facebook page.

She ended her comment with the following plea: "If you want people to go to your website...make it easy...please!"

The website for the online store: www.clearanceswamp.com
    Or, you can go to the info section on the left side of the page, where the link is provided.

Oy.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

I probably shouldn't point out that I get a "server not found" error when I click the above link, should I?
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Comment

Yeah. For anybody else curious, that's not a valid link. Name of the site changed to keep my ass out of a sling.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

of course, i saw irv's reply after I followed the link too... never mind, while i can sort of see the customer's point (she probably expected the link to take her to the site) it isn't difficult to type the address in, unless it's something long and convulted.

Comment

glad to see I'm not the only one....

Sheep... must follow link.....

Comment

internetz r so hard indeed.

I was trying to help a lady with her computer game problem, and suggest she goes to the develloper's website, giving her the address on a piece of paper.

Already she flips out "AAAAAH!! I can't do that!!! I don't know these things! It's TOO HARD!!!!1111"

The website?

www.ea.com

Truly a challenge to type.
            Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Quoth Shironu-Akaineko View Post
              Already she flips out "AAAAAH!! I can't do that!!! I don't know these things! It's TOO HARD!!!!1111"

The website?

www.ea.com

Truly a challenge to type.
              My brother has that web address memorized and he's mentally challenged. That woman was just stupid.

And, as Tater Salad always says: Ya' can't fix stupid.
              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Sure you can, but unfortunately the fix is neither legal nor moral
                Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                  And, as Tater Salad always says: Ya' can't fix stupid.
                  Quoth Mytical View Post
                  Sure you can, but unfortunately the fix is neither legal nor moral
                  However, fixing it is a mitzvah.

Or at least a service to the public.
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

That customer is the perfect example of a end luser.
                    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

A bit OT, but one thing I never could figure out is why one particular company uses a .com website address instead of a geographically-specific address. Even though their legal department spends a lot of time going after various stores that open up as (whatever)-R-us, somehow they never figured out that toys.r.us is a syntactically legal URL.
                      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Back in the days when the Internet was formed, the .com address was conceived for commercial sites. However, in the main part the US went for .com since many sites were commercial and for a long while the .com was associated with the US primarily. That's a legacy that's being shaken, but it still lingers.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                          A bit OT, but one thing I never could figure out is why one particular company uses a .com website address instead of a geographically-specific address. Even though their legal department spends a lot of time going after various stores that open up as (whatever)-R-us, somehow they never figured out that toys.r.us is a syntactically legal URL.
                          However, unless the .us registrar is willing to sell them r.us or toys.r.us, they can't get it.
                          Seshat's self-help guide:
                          1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                          2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                          3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                          4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Working...
                          X