This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When did I become Dante Hicks?

I've been working at Burger King as a maintainence guy since December, and one of my tasks to do is sweep the lot in the morning. This BK opens at 6 M-S and 7 on Sunday, and I swear, at least once a day, I get someone walking by, saying "You open?"

"No, I'm out here on my own time, without being paid, and wearing clothes I hate sweeping the lot out of the goodness of my heart. Of course we're frickin' open!" (Not what I say, mind you, because like all of us, I need this job.)

And yesterday, one of the store managers turned 37, so I got to make THAT joke that day.
    The customer is not always right. Most of the time, the customer is a clueless moron. If this offends you, you are this moron.

You're Dante Hicks the minute you punch in alas.

Just be glad you're not Dane Cook. *shudders*

Comment

Maybe you should write "I assure you we're open!" on a bedsheet with shoe polish.
      "Who loves not women, wine, and song remains a fool his whole life long" ~Martin Luther
      "Always send a lazy man to the angel of death" ~Martin Luther
      My MySpace
      My LiveJournal

Comment

At least you're not being pelted with cigarettes and being called a "cancer merchant."
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

LOL. "You're 37!"

Wait, does this mean you get to close up shop to play hockey on the roof?

Comment

Now I wanna see "Clerks" again...lol.

Comment

If you get the tenth anniversary DVD listen to the 1995 commentary. It's so funny to hear Jason Mewes baked.

Comment

Quoth NateTheChops View Post
                If you get the tenth anniversary DVD listen to the 1995 commentary. It's so funny to hear Jason Mewes baked.
                You're implying there's ever a time when he's NOT?
                PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I've also had a "I'm not even supposed to be here today!" moment when I got called in because someone else called off. Granted, her kid was ill, (and I know her well enough to know that WASN'T a lie), but the statement still stands; I wasn't even supposed to be there that day!
                  The customer is not always right. Most of the time, the customer is a clueless moron. If this offends you, you are this moron.

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                    At least you're not being pelted with cigarettes and being called a "cancer merchant."
                    Got part of that this morning when I was sweeping the lot; some ass of a smoker tossed a lit butt out of their window as they drove by, and I got hit with it. Which is slightly worse than what Dante dealt with, because "at least [his] weren't lit".

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                      You're implying there's ever a time when he's NOT?
                      He's clean now. Pretty much has to be or he'll go back to jail.

Comment

Quoth SuperDan View Post
                        Maybe you should write "I assure you we're open!" on a bedsheet with shoe polish.
                        I actually made that suggestion to one of my managers back at WD when we heard that our store was getting ready to be shut down.

Unfortunately the offer was turned down . . .
                        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth SuperDan View Post

Ah, beat me to it.

I was gonna say, everyone becomes Dante Hicks the moment they take a job working with the public.

Comment

Working...
                          X