This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you help me not hit people?

Today an old lad came through the drive thru and ordered a pepperoni personal pan pizza. The pizza half of the store was kinda REALLY effed up (see http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=78136 for details) so she had to wait for it. She kept kaying over and over "Please don't forget about me".
    After she pulled into a parking spot, I went over to the pizza side and I didn't forget about her. She was very sweet and thanked me very much for the pizza. As I turned to leave, she stopped me and asked...

Old Lady: Can you help me not hit people?
    Me:
    OL: I need help backing out of this space. I don't want to hit any cars. Can you help me?

She was so nice about it, so I agreed to help her thinking it would take 30 seconds or less. It took 3 minutes. she kept hitting the curb and I kept having to wave cars and people out of her way. Finally a coworker of mine showed up to work and we both helped her back out. (me in front of her car and him behind it)
    Answers: $1
    Correct Answers: $2
    Answers that require thought: $5
    Dumb looks are still free.

Senior citizens, though slow and dangerous behind the wheel, still can serve a purpose.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
      Senior citizens, though slow and dangerous behind the wheel, still can serve a purpose.
      I was robbed by a lady on a motorized cart.

Comment

still... it's nice that she was trying to be considerate

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
          still... it's nice that she was trying to be considerate
          Agreed! Someone who actually thinks about her impact on those around her!
          Last edited by It's me; 06-02-2011, 01:02 PM.
          There's no such thing as a stupid question... just stupid people.

Comment

It was nice of you to help her out too, as well as her asking nicely if you could help her back out (showing concern not only for her safety but the property of others). Hopefully she'll remember your kindness next time, but not ask you over and over to help her back out safely.

Unless it was a small, crowded lot, it would have made sense if she had just parked farther away to not risk hitting anyone, but not be embarrassed about asking for help backing out.

Comment

Quoth emax4 View Post
              It was nice of you to help her out too, as well as her asking nicely if you could help her back out (showing concern not only for her safety but the property of others). Hopefully she'll remember your kindness next time, but not ask you over and over to help her back out safely.

Unless it was a small, crowded lot, it would have made sense if she had just parked farther away to not risk hitting anyone, but not be embarrassed about asking for help backing out.
              We have a teeny parking lot :/ But I am glad she asked for help POLITELY rather than smashing up cars or (worse) injuring someone. I posted this because:
              1) How she worded it when she first asked was funny
              2) How long it took to back her out safely with my help

I couldn't leave tho... She was so sweet. I'd feel bad
              Answers: $1
              Correct Answers: $2
              Answers that require thought: $5
              Dumb looks are still free.

Comment

Next time ask her if you may back the car out for her. It will be much faster.

Comment

Quoth Mikkel View Post
                  That's what I was thinking!
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Mikkel
                    Liability. Not that she would, but she could claim the OP/store did damage to her car and seek damages. Businesses with valet parking departments check applicants' driving records thoroughly before hire and continue to check them during employment. They also drive each car through a series of cameras (to capture pictures of all sides of the vehicle) very soon after the customer drops it off (and sometimes again just before the customer picks it up) as a CYA measure. Most businesses without these measures in place would never allow an employee to operate a customer's vehicle.
                    "Who loves not women, wine, and song remains a fool his whole life long" ~Martin Luther
                    "Always send a lazy man to the angel of death" ~Martin Luther
                    My MySpace
                    My LiveJournal

Comment

Quoth Mikkel View Post
                      That's what I did after watching a young woman attempt and fail to back out of a tight spot about five times in a row.
                      You'll find a slight squeeze on the hooter an excellent safety precaution, Miss Scrumptious.

Comment

Nah Kisa, that is what this forum is for. It is not always about how sucky (or such) a customer is..sometimes it is amusing stories, or odd stories..besides..I like your posts.
                        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Working...
                        X