This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laundromat Hmmm

This happened a few years ago... Was curious what everyone thought.

So I went to wash clothes at a laundromat. Across the street was a dollar store of some kind. All I had was 20's, and just needed some 5's for change so that I would not have to get $20 in quarters for just a few loads.

Please keep in mind that I had NEVER been to this laundromat before.

I go to the attendant, and ask for 5's. She tells me she has no change at all, and her relief is not due in for another hour. She is in real need of $1 bills, and has none at all.

I asked her if she had a few $20's, and she said yes. I told her that, as I had extra cash, I would go get her change when I got mine, as long as she had enough 20's to give me upon my return so I wouldn't end up with lots of change.

That's when she says "Wow, that would be great" and proceeds to PULL $40 OUT OF HER DRAWER and give it to me to run for change.

Now, of course I went back with the change, but I just couldn't help but think that her boss would FLIP if she saw that! Or what if I hadn't come back? She would have had a real problem.

Thoughts?
    "Hi, this is Silver. How may I lose my self respect in order to cater to your over- inflated ego today?" --- Silverrb

Nice to know there are still such trusting souls in the world? But, yeah, uhm, NO. Please do not give strangers the till's money, even if you can hold their laundry ransom

Comment

Good job you were trustworthy!
      I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Wow! She is lucky you were trustworthy. Maybe it was something about the way you said it though. Sometimes people just come off as trustworthy and helpful while others come off as the scamming SCs that they are. I know I've done some stupid stuff because the customer seemed so trustworthy (and they were), but then later went 'Wow, did I really do that?'... nothing involving money like that though.

Comment

Wow, that was stupid on her part.

Comment

Working...
          X