This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's my number?

I was in Five Guys the other day (Dead cow nummyness)

There are only six tables occupied. Only one with out food already.
    CD=Counter Dude
    CG=Counter Gal
    OL=Older lady

CD: #77!
    *No answer*
    CD: #77!
    *No answer*
    *CD looks around and catches the attention of the older lady that has no food.
    CD: Are you #77?
    OL: *She sakes her head no.*
    CD over PA system: #77!
    *No answer*

He then turns to the rest of the staff and asks who took the order, do they know who the customer is?
    CG To OL: Miss. Your #77.

She then looks at her ticket and realizes that she is #77.
    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
    Save the Ales!
    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

I can understand not realizing it's your number, but some of them don't even know what they ordered.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I always hear "I ordered a cheeseburger, and I got a double-cheeseburger"...

(For those not familiar with this place, the "little cheeseburger" has one patty, and the "cheeseburger" has two)

Comment

I just got introduced to this place. Good burgers!

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
          I can understand not realizing it's your number, but some of them don't even know what they ordered.
          Yeah, I have the attention span of....of something with a really short attention span. I can order food, and completely not pay attention while I'm ordering, and when I get my food, be like, "Is that what I ordered?" I pay money, food is placed in front of me, I eat the food. I usually don't question it. Once, at a steakhouse, I got halfway through my steak before my waiter brought out the sauteed mushrooms and apologized. I didn't even notice they were missing until just before he brought them over.

So, I can totally understand how someone can't even remember what they ordered, 'cause if I'm distracted by something whilst ordering (look! a puppy!), I'm not going to remember.
          Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Working...
          X