This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here, let me get that for ya

Not sure if this counts as a brain burp, sighting or perhaps an Oops, but I just got back from having my eyes examined today.

The guy helping me pick out my glasses did a phenomenal job. Good frames, decent pricing, and I expect the new glasses to last me a while. He then offered to clean my current glasses for me, and I accepted. He noted that I needed new nose pads on my glasses and went over to replace them. After removing the current ones, he cleaned the lenses and went to replace the new ones. One went on easy.

The other? Not so much. He spent about twenty minutes dealing with the stubborn nose pad area, trying to snap on the new pad, but it wouldn't snap on. His coworker came over and as it turns out? When he removed the original nose pad, he snapped off the piece where the nose pad would attach to the frame.

So there I was in the almost closed eye office with a broken pair of glasses with dilated eyes, and I had to drive home. I had them file down the piece so it wouldn't dig into my nose when I wore the glasses and I wore them home. They're going to see what they can do to compensate me for the glasses, and I'll find out what they're doing on Friday.

If they've got any sense, they'll see if they've got your old frames in stock & replace them, lenses included, free of charge. If not, offer replacement frame & lenses from a price range of an equivalent quality.
    "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Well, the problem is I didn't get these frames from them.

Comment

Working...
      X