This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Of course I don't hate you

We we're really busy yesterday. I was the only cashier and I had long lines of people constantly. I had this this little old lady and her granddaughter come through the line. The old lady paid for her items and then her granddaughter wanted to pay for her own stuff. Of course there were like 5 people waiting in line while this little girl counted out 8 dollars worth dimes and nickels. Normally I really don't care if little kids do this and I'm really patient with them. But I had 5 other people in line and the phone ringing off the hook. After I get her money and open my drawer to put the money in the older lady then dumps her granddaughters change purse on my counter. Pennies nickels dimes and quarters go all over the place. "You don't mind changing all this to dollar bills for her do you?" Of course I don't mind lady. I only have a long line of people who are all glaring at me and a phone that won't quit ringing. So I give her a big smile and try to explain that I really can't. "Come on. They do it for me at other stores. Please?" Whatever. Ill so it. So quickly I start to trade the coins for bills. As I hand them to her she looks at me and says "You don't hate me.....do you?" I hate my job.

This is sort of like when someone tries to cut in a line in front of me. When they ask if they can cut in, I just reply that they need to check with the other people in line first. Really, you have to be there anyway.

I'm really starting to admire the soup Nazi.
    There's no such thing as a stupid question... just stupid people.

Comment

You should have told her 'I don't mind if ALL these people waiting in line, don't object' with a slight wave toward the line behind her. Either she would look at the glares, collect it up, or the waiting people would start directing their nastiness toward her when she airily declares 'Oh I'm sure they don't mind waiting a little longer'

Comment

Quoth bbaaww13 View Post
        As I hand them to her she looks at me and says "You don't hate me.....do you?" I hate my job.
        "I don't hate you... As long as I'm giving you nice crisp $5 notes for 25 quarters on the note."

Comment

Had I been in line behind her, when she said that piece about not hating her, I would have had to bite my tongue to keep from saying "I don't hate you but I sure don't like you very much right now..."
          "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Quoth bbaaww13 View Post
            "You don't hate me.....do you?"
            *Stare of the Crazy Person +4+5*

"...I am sure, madam, that the people behind you hate you more."
            Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Of course I don't hate you. It's just that I hate to make all these other people behind you wait so long.
              Women can do anything men can.
              But we don't because lots of it's disgusting.
              Maxine

Comment

Once, this guy gave me a bag full of pennies, dimes and nickles (no quarters) and payed for his $8 order.

"I don't know how much that is...."

Great. So I actually had to count it all, with a long line behind him.
                It was wet, filthy and smelled like an ashtray. I actually think he was using his coin jar as an ashtray (with water)
                Answers: $1
                Correct Answers: $2
                Answers that require thought: $5
                Dumb looks are still free.

Comment

Working...
                X