This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice But Silly

A man called the coin shop where Mr. Dips works. It was earlier this week. He wanted to sell some coins but had mobility issues. He asked Barb if he could send them through the mail.

Barb said that would be OK and went on to advise him how to pack them safely. However, the nice (yet silly) man asked if it would be OK to put them loose in envelopes. You see, he had mobility problems and couldn't get out to buy the supplies to pack them but he had envelopes. Would that work?

Barb had to tell him that it wouldn't and perhaps it would be best if he waited until he had someone to help him buy supplies or drive him to the store.

He thanked her and hung up.

Sure enough mid-week two envelopes show up. One had loose coins in it. One had nothing in it but a coin sized hole. Not long after the silly (yet nice) man called and Barb had to give him the sad news. The man took it pretty well but had to go.

Then he called a bit later. Here is how that call went as reported by Barb through Mr. Dips:

Barb: [Greeting]

Nice but Silly: Hi. I'm NBS, the guy who sent you the coins.

Barb: Oh, yes. How are you?

Nice but Silly: Oh, great! I can't call you right now. I'm not feeling very well. Goodbye!

Barb: Um. Goodbye.

[Click]

Barb said that the man was perfectly nice and pleasant. A regular customer saw her very puzzled (but amused) expression and asked about the call. She explained.

Other customer: You get some weird ones, huh?

Barb: Yes. You could say that.

And yesterday he called and got Barb again.

Barb: [Greeting]

NBS: Hi! Remember me? I sent you the coins.

Barb: Yes, I remember. I hope you're feeling better.

NBS: I can't call you today. I have to go to work. Goodbye!

Barb: OK. Have a great weekend.

[Click]

Barb can't wait until Monday. She's looking forward to hearing from him again.
    The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

At least he's considerate enough to phone in to let them know he can't phone them today
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Comment

I've gotten a few of those, the types who call in but then have something come up and have to go...I wish I could get a lot more of them, though
      "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Working...
      X